WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: minefield, fontconfig and expat2 extensions  (Read 5798 times)

Offline abelmora

minefield, fontconfig and expat2 extensions
« on: April 24, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »
Hi!

As I load minefield.tcz, fontconfig.tzcl and expat2.tzcl are loaded too, but minefield doesn't run. Indeed these libraries don't appear under /tmp/tcloop. On the other hand, if I load dillo2.tce first, fontconfig.tcel and expat2.tcel are loaded with it. I load minefield.tcz now and it does run. May these tczl be buggy?

Bye,

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: minefield, fontconfig and expat2 extensions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
What version of TC are you running?  There was an issue with tcz loading that has been corrected in version 1.3.

Those tcz's load fine for me, I just loaded firefox.tcz and all deps including those you had trouble with are loaded properly.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:02:46 PM »
What version of TC are you running?  There was an issue with tcz loading that has been corrected in version 1.3.

(link?)

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 03:14:02 PM »

(link?)
See changelog/release notes

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »
See changelog/release notes

yes, they tell me what i already know:

* Update to tce-load on handling tcz mounts.

but i was hoping to find the place (if any) this was originally mentioned on the forum. since i've read (or tried to read) every post on the forum, and this is news to me i thought i would notice before, i suspect it's either not on the forum or not easy to search for.

i figured i was more likely to get the most relevant/informative post if i simply asked rather than try to hunt it down, maybe it was announced and resolved in irc.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 04:23:55 AM »
just in case it ever results in any information about the tcz mounting in versions prior to 1.3, i'll use this "minefield, fontconfig and expat2 extensions" post in tce bugs to talk about minefield.

i was told minefield doesn't work in tc 2.x. maybe that was an earlier version. i'm using it in 2.0rc1 now, but i do see one major issue: it crashes every time you try to drag something: a link, an image, etc. if you click the mouse you have to be careful not to move it. if there are any other minefield + 2.x bugs i'll post them here.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
Minefield works fine for me in 2.x.  Here is me grabbing and dragging your previous post:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rr5w1j.png

This is, of course, without Xorg installed.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:44:16 PM by Jason W »

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 03:57:16 PM »
Minefield works fine for me in 2.x.  Here is me grabbing and dragging your previous post:

i don't know... i have tried 2.x rc1 on two different machines (on two networks.) on one the apps have no trouble resolving dns, on the other (which is where i have used 1.x the most!) half the apps have dns issues, but only half of them.

the one that has no network trouble has the dragging problem in minefield. the one that has the network trouble (i'm using it now) doesn't have the dragging problem.

oh wait, i cannot open minefield at all. despite tce.menu calling /usr/local/firefox-official/firefox for ff and /usr/local/firefox/firefox/ i cannot open minefield whatsoever from here! (i could open both on the other machine...) no matter which i use it opens the ff-mozilla-branded ff. what magic is this? both are tce. i'll remove them using tce-uninstall (just installed tce-u... today, so not an explanation for anything else) and try minefield alone.

edit: given that i've run ff and minefield side by side on the other machine, that is the weirdest thing i've seen yet. but now that i've removed ff (tce-uninstall couldn't be done better... it's very intelligent) minefield with its generic branding is working- and no dragging bug. so everything in the other paragraphs is true. i no longer have access to the system with the working network / the dragging bug. i'm back to only being able to use ff, minefield (yay!) and links, appbrowser, tce-uninstall, and the other - oh yeah, netrik. my theory about why tce-uninstall and appbrowser work but busybox wget / wget.tce don't involves permissions. but that's a stupid theory, it's the best one i've got. also using sudo makes no difference.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:06:19 PM by tobiaus »