Tiny Core Linux
Tiny Core Base => TCB Q&A Forum => Topic started by: BananaBro69 on October 07, 2026, 07:53:31 PM
-
i’ve been having problems with the way TinyCore handles discs, and it bugs me alot.from what i’ve been experiencing so that you wanna know, i can mount DVDs and DVD Videos. But i can’t play DVDs. I don’t know if i’m just missing a codec that’s in the Repo, but i just can’t play DVDs. And it’s even worse for CDs, as i can’t even mount them without getting an I/O error. And i could play CDs…but that was when i didn’t have sound drivers. :-\ don’t even know if it was a coincidence or not.
(https://i.imgur.com/jopYhCP.gif)
Latitude E5500
CorePlus 32-Bit
-
Hi BananaBro69
Which version of Tinycore are you running?
If you don't know, run:
versionin a terminal.
Did you read the vlc.tcz.info file?
-
Hi BananaBro69
Which version of Tinycore are you running?
If you don't know, run:
versionin a terminal.
Did you read the vlc.tcz.info file?
CorePlus With TinyCore 17.1
Btw by vlc.tcz.info, you mean the info in the App manager right?
-
Hi BananaBro69
... Btw by vlc.tcz.info, you mean the info in the App manager right?
Yes.
You could also try starting vlc from a terminal and see if any
warnings or errors pop up.
-
Hi BananaBro69
... Btw by vlc.tcz.info, you mean the info in the App manager right?
Yes.
You could also try starting vlc from a terminal and see if any
warnings or errors pop up.
I did, and it said
“DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00f50000. Regions: 2 4” before it gave up playing the DVD.
So maybe i have to find a way to get libdvdnav to read Region 2 and 4 discs, If thats possible.
-
Hi BananaBro69
See if installing libdvdcss.tcz helps.
-
Hi BananaBro69
Ignore my last post. I see libdvdcss.tcz is only in the
64 bit repositories, sorry.
-
Hi BananaBro69
Ignore my last post. I see libdvdcss.tcz is only in the
64 bit repositories, sorry.
So i can’t play DVDs without having the 64-bit version?
-
If you can wait a week or so, I can take a look.
Otherwise the build notes should be on the server.
-
If you can wait a week or so, I can take a look.
Otherwise the build notes should be on the server.
Ok. But while i wait, can someone help me with the CD I/O mounting error with audio CDs? ???
(Data CDs are normal.)
-
Hi BananaBro69
Audio CDs don't contain a file system and can't be mounted.
If you want to listen to the CD, you need to use playing software.
If you want to extract tracks from the CD, you need to use ripping software.
-
Hi BananaBro69
Audio CDs don't contain a file system and can't be mounted.
If you want to listen to the CD, you need to use playing software.
If you want to extract tracks from the CD, you need to use ripping software.
What software? I’ve tried to run rhythmbox, but it doesn’t even show a sign of it running.
-
Hi
You could try like Rich says:
You could also try starting rhythmbox from a terminal and see if any
warnings or errors pop up.
-
Hi
You could try like Rich says:
You could also try starting rhythmbox from a terminal and see if any
warnings or errors pop up.
Ignore my last post. i forgot to post an update about the Audio CDs, they work now.
(https://i.imgur.com/CP5dBa7.gif)