Tiny Core Linux
General TC => General TC Talk => Topic started by: MaxFury on September 29, 2026, 02:40:16 PM
-
I find that the font of the default terminal (aterm) to be so good! But when I use VIM, I think because the terminal only support a small number
of colours, the colorscheme such as onedark looks off and awful. Is it possible to fix that? Also, I tried to use LXterminal, it seems that's the other option for
terminal, the default font is not nearly as good. Is it possible to either make the default terminal support more colours, or use the
same font for aterm or xterm in LXterminal?
-
Hi MaxFury
Maybe see if rxvt is any better:
Title: rxvt.tcz
Project: rxvt
Description: Unicode and 265-color VT102 terminal emulator
Version: 9.31
Author: Marc Lehmann <rxvt@schmorp.de>
Original-site: http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/rxvt-unicode.html
Copying-policy: GPL v3
Size: 308K
Extension_by: andyj
Tags: TERMINAL UNICODE 256 COLOR XFT TRUETYPE
Comments: Binaries only
Supports Unicode, true type fonts, and 256 colors
----
Change-log: 2017/07/01 first version, compiled for TC 8.x
2018/01/12 added patches for font rendering, recompiled for TC 9.x
2018/05/29 recompiled for ncursesw library
2019/01/21 recompiled for TC 10.x
2019/07/06 moved urxvtd from rxvt-doc.tcz
Current: 2023/12/12 updated to version 9.31