WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Please help with Nvidia and persistence  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Trinityseven

Please help with Nvidia and persistence
« on: March 11, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
Dear TinyCore people (what a wonderful distro:)

I need your help with ONE issue that is stopping me from getting TinyCore up and running on my puter.  Little background on me, I've used computers starting 30 years ago and linux  4.  Here is the issue.

I cannot seem to get the Nvidia drivers (any of em) installed and working proper on my rig.  I have followed the instructions to the core.  Here is what happens when I do that.  The first time I do it, it takes me into desktop nice and neat at a pretty high resolution.  It will even let me switch to any resolution I want that is supported.  Yet when I log out and back in, EVEN IF I DON'T CHANGE ANY RESOLUTION SETTINGS.  My resolution is messed up heavily and I can barely see enough to get to the prompt and do the instructions over again...where it will work for that ONE time only.  My flashdrive is setup for persistance, and every instruction is also followed perfectly (to my knowledge) regarding that also.  I log out with proper default save settings for persistence and anything else I do becomes that way except this setting it seems.

So please let me know what is going on here to make this such a difficult install for me, I believe I tried years ago around 2.3 and sort of gave up as more or less hopeless for Nvidia at that time, but now my skillz tell me this is far from impossible.  If it is this hard for a pro to get this section working, imagine what the neophyte would be going through.  I have a feeling one of you TinyCore Pros can solve my woes here though.  Least that's what my current abilities told me this would be the fastest way to solve this problem because it may take me days of fiddling around, and I am getting frustrated wasting too much time.  I thank you all in advance for any and all help here...you have my promise I will share my info's with you also.  For instance I have found TinyCore the ULTIMATE distro in existence for geeks, &  Puppy (newest Lucid variety) to be the very best all rounder for ANY system, ANY level of expertise (from linux newb to guru), it now handles ALL the unbuntu packages as well as it's own, and in fact I'm asking this support question from it now on Opera. I like it far better than my doze install.  Most beautiful of all IT'S FREE, JUST LIKE WONDERFUL TINYCORE :)

PS: Visit Healingbeats.com to find the GENUINE of the scam Idozer nonsense.  Idozer stole their idea from it's creator (and his code 2) and sold this fake version.  Well in OUR forums I offer FREE what this sound technology is really about...don't buy the paid stuff there IMHO because MY free versions are the superior.  Enjoy, hope this was useful, and please anyone help me with my query, because I really really like TinyCore and want to get it up and running proper, it's better than Slitaz for geeks, I would really put TinyCore above Slitaz, the font's on slitaz are pretty bad.  Fonts on TinyCore are really nice, & highly configurable.

Thanks again   8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:26:12 PM by Trinityseven »

Offline Trinityseven

Re: Please help with Nvidia and persistence
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:03 PM »
Would VGA=ASK work in the boatloader for an option?  Also I know I can hit CTRL-ALT F1 for a prompt (terminal) usually.

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Please help with Nvidia and persistence
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »
'vga=ask' works, but not sure if it would also work if it would be capped.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)