WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ripperx-gtk1  (Read 2824 times)

Offline SamK

ripperx-gtk1
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:19:03 AM »
Thanks for the quick turnaround on this replacement extension. 

Started app  for first time - no CD in drive
Error Message
Code: [Select]
"Error Code 14
Make  sure an audio disc is in the drive and that you are either running ripperX as root, are a member of the "cdrom" group, or otherwise have appropriate permissions to access the CDROM device.

/bin/sh: cdparanoia not found."
cdparanoia.tcz not listed as a dependency?

CDDB Lookup
Error Message
Code: [Select]
"Error Code 22
CDDB Server Error"
Add working settings pre making extension?
URL=freedb.freedb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi  
Port=80  
Use HTTP=Yes

ENCODER
None available in the current setup - will only produce wav file.
Possibly add to list of dependencies or mention in info file?
* lame.tcz
* flac.tcz

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:21:36 AM by SamK »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: ripperx-gtk1
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 05:14:57 AM »
Thanks for testing, I did not have an audio cd handy but just remade the binaries.  I will add cdparanoia to the deps and test some more.

Flac, lame, and ogg-vorbis are already mentioned as suggestions in the info file, but I will change ogg-vorbis to libvorbis.tcz

Offline SamK

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 05:32:20 AM »
Flac, lame, and ogg-vorbis are already mentioned as suggestions in the info file, but I will change ogg-vorbis to libvorbis.tcz
Flac and Lame both work.  libvorbis.tcz doesn't work - Ogg Vorbis is not activated within the Encoder Plugin section and the encoder cannot be selected.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 07:13:44 AM »
I see ogg vorbis as a selection and I am ripping and encoding a song with it now. 

I will include an edited config file that will be copied over in the absence of an existing one to fix the cddb issue.  That will mean checking one less box at start up. 

I see an issue with not being able to open a pty when run as user, and I will deal with that too.

Offline SamK

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 08:00:27 AM »
I see ogg vorbis as a selection and I am ripping and encoding a song with it now. 
I wonder if we are using different versions of files?  ripperx-gtk1 removed together with ~.ripperXrc.  Re-installed ripperx.tcz, recreated .rippeXrc, loaded libvorbis.tcz and ogg vorbis is still greyed-out.  As your copy is working perhaps it is best to wait for the repost.

Do you consider it worthwhile to include working apps for the "players" tab, or again just a mention in the info file?  I can see only mpg123 in the repository.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 08:42:04 AM »
I edited the source where the cddb address is located to save from having to copy config files around, but now the pty situation is the hang up.

Version 2.7.0 is the most current that will use gtk1, so I will give it a go and see if that corrects that issue.

The rest we can work in.

EDIT:  2.7.0 does not fix the pty situation, but I will see what I can do.

Also, I will see what I can do about the players section.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:44:16 AM by Jason W »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »
I don't see the pty issue now that I am back to my main box, must just be that one laptop or setup. 

Updated to 2.7.0, with cddb entry correct.  Also, noted in the info file is vorbis-tools.tcz as well as libvorbis.tcz to encode with ogg.

I built cdplay and dcd, neither work with sound, so I am not as concerned over the default players.  That could be left to cd and audio playing apps as ripperx is mainly focused on ripping and encoding.  But if anyone builds a working cdplay, it would be beneficial to have as it is tiny as well as the default cd player for ripperx.