Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Gnome-MPlayer Extension - Request for Advice

<< < (3/7) > >>

Arslan S.:
usualy having libnotify loaded prior to executing configure command should be ok, but check configure messages for smth like "Checking for libnotify ... yes/no"

Arslan S.:
got it now, according to default application preferences notifications disabled, go to Edit-->Preferences-->Interface-->"Show notification popup" to enable notifications

SamK:

--- Quote from: Arslan S. on November 18, 2010, 01:37:09 PM ---got it now, according to default application preferences notifications disabled, go to Edit-->Preferences-->Interface-->"Show notification popup" to enable notifications

--- End quote ---
That's interesting... the option is not listed. This is version 1.0.0.  On the same machine I have Lubuntu 10.10 which includes gnome-mplayer version 0.9.9.2  which does list it.

Might it omit it if libnotify was not found during the compilation?  It wasn't installed until after the extension had been created.

Arslan S.:
you need to load libnotify.tcz and compile it again

SamK:

--- Quote from: Arslan S. on November 18, 2010, 03:09:29 PM ---you need to load libnotify.tcz and compile it again

--- End quote ---
Doing this has indeed produced the missing option: Edit-->Preferences-->Interface-->"Show notification popup"

When used in conjunction with notification-daemon-xfce.tcz and the modified .dep list the OSD notification works as expected on change of track.

Having now established a working (but unfinished) reference point I have gone on to investigate the problem with notification-daemon.tcz.

notification-daemon-xfce was replaced with notification-daemon but the amended .dep was retained and loaded. Again notification-daemon failed but with a reference to gconf-2.

At this point I decided to recompile notification-daemon. The configure stage stalls with the following error message:

--- Code: ---checking for NOTIFICATION_DAEMON... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.10.0,     glib-2.0 >= 2.10.0,     dbus-1 >= 0.36, dbus-glib-1 >= 0.36,    lib.y >= 0.1.3,       gconf-2.0,      libwnck-1.0 ) were not met:

No package 'gconf-2.0' found

--- End code ---

Which extension in the TC3 repository contains gconf-2.0?  I simply cannot locate it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version