WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Mounted NFS source in /home/tc/nfs is written to backup mydata.tgz  (Read 4316 times)

Offline Andreas_2009

Hi there,

got a couple of questions regarding nfs-support / -handling in tinycore and a big problem with my backup file.

- what file do I have to edit in order to "automount" an nfs source in my network at startup?
  On my other clients, I do this via /etc/fstab.
  Can I do it the same way in Tinycore ?

- Problem: when I reboot Tinycore with backup option AND mounted nfs source, my backup file mydata.tgz will get bigger and bigger until my backup drive (with is small) is full and the backup process aborts.
  It seems so, that the nfs source will be included into the backup, which is not necessary.
  Of course it would be possible to mount the nfs source in another location then the home directory.
  But is it possible to exclude the nfs source in the backup process ?
  Or can I do an umount command before the backup process begins ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Andreas

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Mounted NFS source in /home/tc/nfs is written to backup mydata.tgz
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 05:47:43 AM »
- Problem: when I reboot Tinycore with backup option AND mounted nfs source, my backup file mydata.tgz will get bigger and bigger until my backup drive (with is small) is full and the backup process aborts.
  It seems so, that the nfs source will be included into the backup, which is not necessary.
  Of course it would be possible to mount the nfs source in another location then the home directory.
  But is it possible to exclude the nfs source in the backup process ?
  Or can I do an umount command before the backup process begins

The files backed-up are controlled by /opt/.filetool.lst & /opt/.xfiletool.lst so you could exclude your nfs mount by including it in .xfiletool.lst - this being said, it would maybe be better to mount the nfs share under /mnt and avoid the issue altogether...

Offline Andreas_2009

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 06:16:19 AM »
All right, I will mount it under /mnt to avoid that problem.

Do you have a solution for the automount issue ?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Andreas

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 01:25:56 PM »
For system startup commands, place them in /opt/bootlocal.sh
This is like a catch all for rc script, so it runs as root and likely will need full paths.

if you can type the same thing to mount nfs each type, you could put the commands in /opt/bootlocal.sh. if that doesn't persist, you might want to check /opt/.filetool.lst to make certain opt/bootlocal.sh is listed there.