WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Creating TCL extention in simple steps !  (Read 7339 times)

Offline Pats

Re: Creating TCL extention in simple steps !
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
bmarkus, curaga, Aslan !
Thanks for the guidance ! Going thru diff links given here - lot of reading , I think !
Some more Qs:
Which debuger is easy to use for a newbee - pdb ?

second, I want to use gnumeric object (open gnumeric sheet, put some rows/columns and @sum formula at the end of the rows ) in my sample app, can we do it (it can be in C, C++ or Python/TC anything ) like in Win ? If yes, how ? Some links pl.

Thanks !
~ Pats

Offline Pats

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 05:25:08 AM »
My sincere thanks to all the guys here, who responded to my this message abt programming front-end in Linux

At last, after more than 3 months of practicing with FLTK and Gnome/GTK, I have developed my 1st full-fledged commercial app - using C++/FLTK combo.
But before distributing this Linux Commercial app. , I would like to know abt any Licencing policies. Should I have to take any care before selling my app to my customers - either from TCLinux, FLTK, or GCC/C++ developers ?

I will install TC2.5 with my app pre-loaded in /home/tc directory with a second ext2 Linux partition.
Pl guide.
Thnks !
Note: I am using built-in libs/*.h files of fltk in TC2.5

~ Pats

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 06:23:23 AM »
You need to say you use FLTK in your app documentation, about box or similar. http://fltk.org/COPYING.php

For your app there's nothing else, unless you use other libraries / code.

For distributing TC, you need to also provide sources (2.x/release/src); either include them with the app, or host them somewhere and include a link. Pointing to upstream sources (ie. us) is not allowed in the GPL.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Pats

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 07:03:04 AM »
Um...! Extremely sorry abt my ignorance in Linux, but I must clarify my situation.
Since, I will be statically compiling my C++ code with GCC3.2 headers and libs(compiletc.tcz), will it need any extra mention abt GCC3.2 copyright ?
Secondly, the intended customers of mine, know nothing abt LinuxOS or TCL2.5, but do you think, still should I distribute the TC sources along with TC2.5 ?
And lastly, since I am using built-in FLTK libs from TC2.5, will it require mentioning abt FLTK in my About window ?
( Off-cource I do not mind mentioning copy-right GPL licences of the respective owners of the products ! :) )

I have converted my commercial app into TC extention, and I will be distributing only the binaries.
This app is related to Medical Practitioners.

Thnks !

~Pats

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 09:25:10 AM »
Um...! Extremely sorry abt my ignorance in Linux, but I must clarify my situation.
Since, I will be statically compiling my C++ code with GCC3.2 headers and libs(compiletc.tcz), will it need any extra mention abt GCC3.2 copyright ?

Compiling everything statically? It wouldn't make sense to link basic libs like libc or libstdc++ statically.
Any GCC runtime libs are however governed by the runtime exception, which means you can just ignore them even if statically linked.

Secondly, the intended customers of mine, know nothing abt LinuxOS or TCL2.5, but do you think, still should I distribute the TC sources along with TC2.5 ?

You can also host them online somewhere. What matters is that if they want to, they can have the TC sources.

And lastly, since I am using built-in FLTK libs from TC2.5, will it require mentioning abt FLTK in my About window ?

Yes, or docs. It's what the FLTK people themselves ask.

( Off-cource I do not mind mentioning copy-right GPL licences of the respective owners of the products ! :) )

I have converted my commercial app into TC extention, and I will be distributing only the binaries.
This app is related to Medical Practitioners.

Thnks !

~Pats

The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Pats

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »
Thanks, really !

(By the way, I think - curaga means a person who cures all ( ailments, problems etc.) !
How true !!  :)

~Pats