WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Missing libswscale-dev.tcz  (Read 2429 times)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Missing libswscale-dev.tcz
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:43:40 AM »
libswscale-dev.tcz is missing in 3.x repo, only binaries are available. Checked other (ffmpeg) packages but no success. As no header files available, can't compile applications against it.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Missing libswscale-dev.tcz
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:20:49 AM »
the ffmpeg-ffserver-dev.tcz extension I'd posted 2010/06/05 did contain the libswscale dev files and also had been compiled with --enable-shared.

The current extension does not contain the libswscale dev files and also has not been compiled with --enable-shared, hence the large size of the ffmpeg extensions.

It would seem to make sense to compile the ffmpeg extensions with --enable-shared and with deps on libav*, libswscale, which are used by several extensions that do not require the full ffmpeg binary?

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:25:53 AM »
It would seem to make sense to compile the ffmpeg extensions with --enable-shared and with deps on libav*, libswscale, which are used by several extensions that do not require the full ffmpeg binary?

Sounds a good idea. In my curent case I need only the libswscale and libavcodec for video phone application, not ffmpeg binaries.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Arslan S.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 06:00:22 AM »
in my opinion all extensions which are compiled from the same source better be maintained by single person to avoid such cases

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »
@jls_legalize

As the owner of the ffmpeg extension, any comments on how you'd like to proceed?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
Note that the libswscale dev files have now returned to ffmpeg-ffserver-dev.tcz - thanks jls_legalize