Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

EEE PC 900?

(1/2) > >>

georgio900:
Hey ive been having a bit of trouble with tcl on my eee pc 900.....
Firstly i can get the OS to boot using unetbootin (not sure if thats the best way to do it?
Then i cant seem to find anyway to install the OS?
Also the screen resoloution isnt correct? couldnt find anyway to change it either?

So yeah im needing help!

cheers

roberts:
I don't know if the 900 is that much different than the 900A. But we were demo'ing the 900A running TC at Scale7x.

I used unetbootin to boot TC, the default screen resoultion while stretched is OK. You can use full Xorg if that is a concern or try the 915resolution that seems to work for the eeepc 70x series.

To "install" just copy two files, bzImage and tinycore.gz to your boot directory and adjust grub's menu.lst. Create a tce directory to persist your extensions. Runs super fast on 900A. The madwifi works the wireless and OSS sound works. Minefield plus flash and you have youtube videos playing.

The 900A demo'ed great all day at the convention without any issues.

ggordon:
I have put tinycore on USB with unetbootin and it boots my Eee 900 fine. Have created tce dir on USB also. What extensions do I need to d/l and put in tce dir so that the wifi works? Don't think I saw a 'madwifi' ext anywhere..thanks.

:)

roberts:
madwifi-hal.tcem is located in the TCE section of the repository.
Dowload that and place it in your tce directory.

ggordon:
I did that...didn't load it for some reason...doesn't say anything about loading it from boot screen..help..

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version