WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Cleanup tce and tce/optional possible?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline secdroid

Cleanup tce and tce/optional possible?
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
Sorry, been away from TC since 2.3.  I'm confused...

I downloaded 2.11, extracted the bzImage and tinycore.gz, added version numbers to the filenames, updated grub and booted 2.11 without problems.  (Currently boot any of 2.2, 2.3 and 2.11 via added version numbers.  Intend to remove all but 2.11.)

I see stuff in my tce and tce/optional dirs that appear to be from my previous use of 2.2 and 2.3 and are not recognized as Installed or OnDemand-loadable via 2.11. 

Is there any way to clean out my tce and tce/optional dirs so that I'd be like a "clean" 2.11 install?  Goal is to have only 2.11 Installed or OnDemand-loadable apps and their dependencies in my dirs.  Appsaudit is not the solution.

Didn't think to set the clock and the battery is dead, so date/times are not helpful.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Cleanup tce and tce/optional possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:57:59 PM »
cd tce
rm -rf *

;)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline secdroid

Re: Cleanup tce and tce/optional possible?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
cd tce
rm -rf *

[Shudder -- old admins think three times before doing that!]   ;D

Turns out to be the best solution.  Tried rm -i * in both directories first, along with appsaudit, but that was too labor-intensive and resulted in unresolved dependencies.

Just cleaned 'em out and reinstalled my preferred apps.  That makes TC very easy to fix and much more robust. 

I'm very impressed with the 2.3->2.11 progress.  Appsbrowser/Appsaudit are great, as are the myriad of apps in the repository,  Lots of new toys to play with!