WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Samba and default user in tinycore  (Read 19094 times)

Offline dsara35

Re: Samba and default user in tinycore
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 01:57:37 AM »
MY bootlocal.sh is not working...... i gave code /usr/local/etc/init.d/samba start in bootlocal.sh samba not start while booting.. wat is the problem .....
D.Saravanan

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 02:47:06 AM »
Any changes to bootlocal are saved in your backup, so I guess if your backup is not working, then your changes to bootlocal will not be active at boot.

If "restore=sdb1" gives you an error "invalid device", maybe you need to set the boot code "waitusb=5" or longer to give the device time to settle and be recognised prior to restoring your backup?

Offline dsara35

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 03:05:03 AM »
YA thanks now bootlocal.sh is working and restore also working, but i want to backup the dir automatically during shutdown r reboot.. how to do this ..................
D.Saravanan

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 03:36:42 AM »
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, but if bootlocal is now working, which means backup and restore are working, then back/restore should be automatic from now on...

Offline dsara35

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 03:59:48 AM »
My problem is backup is not automatic during shutdown. i want to enter manually in command filetool.sh backup...  after this only the backup is running...
D.Saravanan

Offline dsara35

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 04:21:22 AM »
Pls kindly reply for my xvesa question.. i cannt enter in different user in gui mode.. I can enter as user but it as in text mode so im enter startx to get gui. but the page opening is TC Xvesa Resolution Setup.. I dont know how to do this help me..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:26:08 AM by dsara35 »
D.Saravanan

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 04:36:48 AM »
I can enter as user but it as in text mode so im enter startx to get gui. but the page opening is TC Xvesa Resolution Setup.. I dont know how to do this help me..

The files required to start an x session (i.e. .xession, etc) are created in /home/tc on boot. If you change user after boot, I would guess that /home/newusername does not contain the relevent files required to start an xsession and thus you get the Xvesa resolution setup.

Maybe you could try the "user=xxx" boot code to boot as a user other than "tc"?

Offline dsara35

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 04:48:14 AM »
Thanks for ur reply now my backup is working.. In /etc/skel/.profile i set export backup as 0 this the problem..............
D.Saravanan

Offline dsara35

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 04:53:15 AM »
I can able to give boot code as user=xxx but just imagine..

Im using terminal server for boot nearly five to six system now in lan boot, i install samba server in tinycore server, i want to set different mountpoint in server to that five user using mount.cifs.. so if v boot system in tc r root the mount.point ans sharing with samba cannt do so i want the five user want to login by their username and password........ how is this possible...
D.Saravanan

Offline combo3

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 07:07:24 AM »
Just to be clear, do you want to connect 20 thin clients with roaming profiles to a Samba share?

In that case installing pyneighborhood.tcz on the clients would allow them to boot as user tc locally and connect to the server under their assigned names via a GUI.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:10:31 AM by combo3 »

Offline dsara35

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 10:19:16 PM »
I installed pyneighborhood.tcz... But while click the icon in wbar nothing happen... i enter pyNeneighborhood in command it saying not found wat is the problem....
D.Saravanan

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 10:38:52 PM »
It sounds like either python is not installed or it's looking for python in /usr/bin rather than /usr/local/bin?

Offline dsara35

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 11:16:42 PM »
I installed python and pygobject, but after this the error is ..

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pyNeighborhood", line 19, in <module>
    import gtk
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    import gobject as _gobject
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gobject/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
    from glib import spawn_async, idle_add, timeout_add, timeout_add_seconds, \
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/glib/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from glib._glib import *
ImportError: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
D.Saravanan

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
the recursive deps of pyneighborhood are:
Code: [Select]
pygtk.tcz
shared-mime-info.tcz
libglade.tcz
libiconv.tcz
samba3.tcz
filesystems-2.6.29.1-tinycore.tcz

It might be an idea to load extensions using appbrowser, "tce-load -w extensionname.tcz" or take a look at the dep files in the repo.

Offline dsara35

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 01:31:25 AM »
Thanks for ur reply. i solve that problem now.. other anyone installed squid in tinycore.... i want to install squid for my tinycore server... wat r the deps need to install that .... if appbrowser have squid ?????? please help me..
D.Saravanan