WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: modem connection, anyone ?  (Read 2361 times)

Offline pema

modem connection, anyone ?
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:33:43 AM »
Has anyone successfully connected via modem connection in a new TCL install ? My old tricks are not working in recent TCL versions. What packages were required ? Anything  beside listed dependencies ? I have tried the ppp/setup packages etc.

Offline Guy

Re: modem connection, anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 04:19:16 AM »
I use a dial up modem.

A while back, a new dependency was added, "dialog.tcz." You need this to set up a connection.

I think pppsetup only works for a modem connected to a serial port. If anyone has it working on an internal modem or usb modem, let us know what you did.

I actually made an extension containing my settings some time ago. When I update, I just copy my extension. I need a .dep file for my extension, to make it work. This contains "bash.tcz." I also have my extension in On Boot.
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline pema

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »
Yes sir, that was one of my approaches, I tried the pppsetup with the listed deps (bash and dialog, of course also the pppd pack) but wasnt very successfull. Are you using later Tc versions ? I had modem working with earlier tc's. Any ideas and tips appreciated.

Offline Guy

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 07:22:28 PM »
I update to the latest version of Tiny Core soon after it is released. I have had it working on all versions released during the last year.

As I said. I made an extension with my settings some time ago, and keep copying the extension to the new version each time I update. I don't run pppsetup each time.

At what point does it not work?

When you run pppsetup, do you answer all of the questions?

You need to either make an extension to save settings, or save settings in backup.
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline pema

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:51:21 PM »
Iam following the long "windows dialog" for setting up pppd to the very end but zilch.
What more ports are cell phone recognized than ttyUSB0 or ttyACM0 ? tried several but nothing.
Last winter I had this working on tcl:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=458.0
but with new releases something is missing to get it kicking.
What more packs do you have installed ?
I have yet not backed anything up since there is nothing to use, and no, I can not access by ethernet, when Im home I wont flip the computer open.

Offline pema

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:22:35 AM »
Ethernet or die ?
Gave this up for the new puppy, can really recommend the latest pups, small and complete.