WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to make GPRS internet  (Read 2001 times)

Offline arslan

How to make GPRS internet
« on: March 05, 2010, 01:01:20 PM »
Hi all! Booted TCL on my acer aspire one 110 for the first time. I have no any type of internet except GPRS via Nokia 6233. Can I make internet with this? Or I need only wire internet?? :-(

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: How to make GPRS internet
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:49:22 PM »
Should be able to. Pppd for the actual connection, and possibly something else depending on how you connect to your phone (usb, serial, irda, bluetooth?).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Onyarian

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:22 AM »
I have an Aspire One too.
Now I make the conection with a 3g-usb, but six months ago I was doing the gprs connection with a SonyEricsson mobil as what you want to do.
I have some scripts to do it. I will look of finding them and will enclose them to you.

Offline pema

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 07:08:03 AM »
I think there might be dependencies for pppd in a clean version of latest tcl(2.9), there are no listed for pppd but I cant get pppd kicking. Should be possible getting a connection by installing pppd package and pppsetup(pppsetup + dep), but something is missing, didnt put more effort to it myself, maybe symlinks modem-usbmodem ?, went back to wattos. Good luck. By the way, the pppsetup is crippled to only recognize ttys0-ttys3 and limited to max speed 460300, the alternatives should be ttyUSB0-4 and ttyACM0-4 (cell phone on usb is mostly detected as /dev/ttyACM0) and no limitations for speed, it is easy editing the scripts though in the etc/ppp/. As mentioned, good luck. Let us know if you fix it and we will parasite your work.