WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Question regarding 2.7 TC release  (Read 5143 times)

Offline sci_fi

Re: Question regarding 2.7 TC release
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 05:36:29 PM »
Hi Thane,

No, I have never run out of memory. The PC is set up to dual boot XP (happens about once a month) so there is plenty of RAM. I tend not to have many app's on TC  (Geany, emelfm2, skype, openoffice, firefox, experimenting with chromium, gparted), although with dependencies the number of extensions gets large.

Very good fun experimenting with TC. I actually use TC as my primary distribution these days.

Enough fun for today, however. I am ready for a quiet Xmas week.

Best regards,

sci_fi

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
Re: Question regarding 2.7 TC release
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »
The tipoff was

When attempting to boot (2.7) with the tce directory containing the re-installed libasound.tczl I get a different error and the boot fails.

The error references bootlocal.sh and is line 7 "alsactl not found". I have a call to alsactl at line 7 in bootlocal.sh. However, (I double checked) the alsa modules from the repository are present in my tce directory (as they have been throughout this).

If anything fails for any reason, the extensions stop loading at that point. Adding "pause" to bootcodes will show you where they stopped loading. Also, checking in tce.installed to see what's loaded (in this case, you could see the files getting error messages weren't installed).  I'm sure other folks are going to run into the same issue with increased elimination of direct ram installs  (although I like the idea...makes things simpler).