WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: (solved) getflash.tce does not work with minefield-as-tcz  (Read 15970 times)

Offline bigpcman

I've been trying to follow this thread and can't determine if anyone actually has the procedure figured out to get flash working on the minefield tcz installation. Can someone please summarize the solution if it exists.
big pc man

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Easiest way is to copy /tmp/tcloop/minefield/usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin to /usr/local/firefox, overwriting the existing symlink.  Then install flash as usual.  I adjusted my own copy of minefield.tcz by placing /usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin in a user.tar.gz so I don't have to move files and everything seems to work ok that way.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Jason, would you upload that changed tcz extension? As an Opera user, I wouldn't touch FF unless I absolutely have to ;)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline bigpcman

Thanks. So is this correct then:

step 1: get / install minefield from appbrowser, TCZ
step 2: run minefield, close
step 3: get / install oss from appbrowser, TCZ, sound on from menu
step 4: mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins && cp *fl* (2 files, one .so one .xpt) to ~/.mozilla/plugins (again)
step 5: run minefield, youtube.com... there is no sound (very zen) so restart minefield, try again. no. close.
step 6: using appbrowser, install getflash.tce (there is no tcz) but do not run it (it would download a 100mb file, you only need about 6)
step 7: open minefield, now you have sound.
step 8. copy /tmp/tcloop/minefield/usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin to /usr/local/firefox
big pc man

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
only if you're trying to prove one of those steps is needed.

to get flash in ff, just do this:

step 1: get / install minefield from appbrowser, TCE
step 3: get / install oss from appbrowser, TCE, sound on from menu
step 4: using appbrowser, install getflash.tce (there is no getflash.tcz) and run it

just basic extension installation, nothing fancy. if you want to get flash working in the ff installed by tcz, that's what this thread is about.

this:

copy /tmp/tcloop/minefield/usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin to /usr/local/firefox

is jason's method to make that possible. i haven't tried it, but he has a better understanding of it than i do.

Offline bigpcman

by: tobiaus
to get flash in ff, just do this:

step 1: get / install minefield from appbrowser, TCE
step 3: get / install oss from appbrowser, TCE, sound on from menu
step 4: using appbrowser, install getflash.tce (there is no getflash.tcz) and run it

just basic extension installation, nothing fancy. if you want to get flash working in the ff installed by tcz, that's what this thread is about.

this:

copy /tmp/tcloop/minefield/usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin to /usr/local/firefox

I tried out this procedure and it does indeed work but the last step is not persistent.

So I guess this is why Jason did what he did:
I adjusted my own copy of minefield.tcz by placing /usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin in a user.tar.gz so I don't have to move files and everything seems to work ok that way.

Sounds like a great solution but how is this done? Does this mean I have to learn how to make extensions? Yikes!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:25:50 PM by bigpcman »
big pc man

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
one method: i install minefield as tcz now. every related package is tcz, getflash is tce only.

mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins

sudo find / | grep flash | grep xpt

cp /path-the-xpt-file-is-in/*fl* ~/.mozilla/plugins
(2 files)

now it persists. there is probably a better way, you will still need getflash in your tce folder or there will be no sound on youtube.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
I will upload the adjusted minefield.tcz for testing soon.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
I will upload the adjusted minefield.tcz for testing soon.

any guesses to why view source, view selection don't? not a tcz-specific issue but thought i'd mention it.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Updated minefield.tcz is posted.  Should support flash when installed in /usr/local/firefox/plugins/.