Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

gimp cannot take screenshots (how did kagashe?)

(1/3) > >>

tobiaus:
it appears kagashe took a screenshot: (using gimp?) http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=275.0

however in rc7 (and an earlier version like rc3 or rc4) i was unable to create a screenshot using the gimp.tczl (i also tried installing the .tcel version after that.) gimp seems to run but on screenshot gimp just stops. i tried clicking windows and the desktop (although i set it to whole screen) and that made no difference. i tried just capturing one window, it did the same thing.

curaga:
It's possible the old gtk1 version of GIMP - 1.2.5 - may have bugs. Mtpaint and the included imlib2 utility (in the menu) should be able to take screenshots.

tobiaus:

--- Quote from: curaga on December 19, 2008, 12:21:51 PM ---Mtpaint and the included imlib2 utility (in the menu) should be able to take screenshots.
--- End quote ---

oh, of course! thanks. edit: i just tried the util in the menu. i had just downloaded and run rc7 to make certain the two bugs i reported were not outdated. it's actually a very nice little util.

Juanito:
I'll try to have a look at gimp in the next few days - note that the screenshot gimp takes could be large and thus there may be a memory issue...

tobiaus:
maybe, although it's never been a problem in a similar gimp extension in dsl (larger image) on the same machine.

it would be nice to see even a slightly newer version of gimp. though i'm totally with you on the whole- it's for tinycore, so we added a tiny version- philosophy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version