Tiny Core Base > Corepure64

issues with inital setup

<< < (2/7) > >>

pixel:
i believe i am using iwlwifi, so i'm trying to install firmware-iwlwifi.tcz. every tcz file i load with tceload -wi says already installed except elogind.tcz, which for whatever reason tries to download from the internet? of course since im offline, wget then throws an error. i have elogind's tcz, dep, and md5 files just like every other extension, yet elogind doesn't wanna cooperate.

GNUser:
I'm on TCL15 x86_64 with wifi working, no elogind issues. Try deleting the elogind extension and re-downloading it using Rich's script.

If elogind.tcz can't be loaded, wifi.tcz will refuse to load because elogind is in its dependency tree.

--- Code: ---tce-status -i
--- End code ---
shows you which extensions are actually loaded on your system.

pixel:
i'm on mac without stuff like wget so i cant use that script. i redownloaded elogind and it appears to work, however running tce-load -wi /mnt/myusb/cde/optional/*.tcz gave a screen full of errors reading like "c_rehash: line 12: openssl: not found". tce-status says openssl is loaded. the wifi app is still just a black screen.

GNUser:
I'm not sure what's causing the openssl-related errors. Some extensions in the repo depend on the older openssl-1.1.1:

--- Code: ---$ depends-on.sh openssl-1.1.1
dillo-beta.tcz
edbrowse.tcz
fuse-zip.tcz
irssi.tcz
keepalived.tcz
lagrange.tcz
libstrophe.tcz
libtorrent-rasterbar.tcz
mariadb-10.4.tcz
mariadb-10.5-client.tcz
mariadb-10.5.tcz
mariadb-10.6-client.tcz
mariadb-10.6.tcz
minizip.tcz
mongo.tcz
net-snmp35.tcz
openldap2.4.tcz
openssl-1.1.1-dev.tcz
pixiewps.tcz
pixz.tcz
proftpd.tcz
pure-ftpd.tcz
python3.7.tcz
python-cryptography.tcz
python-m2crypto.tcz
python.tcz
qt-5.x-base.tcz
sc-im.tcz
tcpdump.tcz
--- End code ---

If you manually downloaded one of the above extensions, you should also download openssl-1.1.1.tcz and load it.

P.S. It should be fine to have both openssl.tcz and openssl-1.1.1.tcz loaded at the same time.

EDIT: You should try to get a wired network connection for TCL (or use FetchExt.sh on a linux machine) to get the extensions you need to get TCL up and running. It will make your life much easier.

pixel:
nevermind, turns out i need realtek firmware. i downloaded 1.1.1 openssl just to be safe and firmwares rtl_nic and rtlwifi, along with doing modprobe rtlwifi and rtl_pci. ifconfig -a lists the following:

"dummy0" link encap: ethernet
broadcast noarp

"lo" link encap: local loopback
up loopback running

"tun10" link encap: unspec
noarp

i don't know how to interpret any of that information, but it says nothing about wifi or wireless, so it feels like something is wrong. running wifi.sh just says no networks found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version