Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

TinyCorePure64 15.0 alsa error

<< < (2/2)

Rich:
Hi neonix

--- Quote from: neonix on June 11, 2024, 11:01:59 AM ---I tried to test pulseaudio and alsa in TC15_32 and TC15_64 and both won't work. ...
--- End quote ---

From the  pulseaudio.tcz.info  file:

--- Quote ---                ----------
                howto:
                alsa needs to be working for whatever sound device you have.
 ----- Snip -----
--- End quote ---
Did you make sure ALSA worked before installing pulse audio?

Juanito:
I just tested alsa and pulseaudio in tc-15.x x86:
--- Code: ---tce-load -i xf86-video-intel alsa-config alsa
alsamixer [un-mute sound device 1]
speaker-test -Ddefault:1 -c2 -t wav -l1 [alsa works]

--- End code ---
Note that hdmi comes up as sound device 0 on my laptop so I have to load graphics-KERNEL before alsa. In x86, but not x86_64, I have to load xf86-video-intel, which loads graphics-KERNEL, because the modesetting driver does not work.

Next:
--- Code: ---startx
tce-load -i pavucontrol xmms-pulse
--- End code ---
After starting pavucontrol, which starts the dbus daemon and pulseaudio automatically, I can play music with xmms via the pulseaudio output plugin.

Juanito:
If I load alsa-config and alsa, but not graphics-KERNEL, I get an error "HD-audio HDMI/DP requires binding with gfx driver".

If I try alsamixer, I get an error "cannot find card 0", but if I try alsamixer -Ddefault:1, I can un-mute device 1 and speaker-test works - pulseaudio also works.

If I load only alsa (this used to work in prior versions of tinycore) then I cannot get alsamixer/speaker-test to work - pavucontrol acts like sound is working (the blue volume line fluctuates with playback), but no sound comes out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version