WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: The Template of National/Imperial Decay and Collapse  (Read 451 times)

Offline nick65go

The Template of National/Imperial Decay and Collapse
« on: February 20, 2024, 03:27:26 AM »
Wow, I could see the pattern here... Mayan civilization versus actual civilization.

http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2024/01/the-template-of-nationalimperial-decay.html
summary: "The point is the good times of seemingly endless expansion are never permanent, yet human regimes become accustomed to managing only expansion."
BTW, his all website/blog is interesting.

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
Re: The Template of National/Imperial Decay and Collapse
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 05:11:01 AM »
LOL - how true (Myans)...  and how typical (Charles); whether written today or two thousand years ago.

It's easier to yammer on (in text, blogs, videos, etc. now-a-days) what everyone else is doing to make
the world a less inviting place and how everyone else is doing wrong in the grand scheme...
...as opposed to doing something about it.  Just think of the amount of time spent on the topic itself.

1. The first goal in thriving (humanity as a whole) is water...  not petroleum. (No creature dies of thirst.)
2. The second would then have to be sustenance (to sustain, not indulge - starvation is no more.)
3. The next would be shelter - there's only so much land, either build UP, DOWN or aquatic without the
    damage to or destruction of a single ecosystem (humans are not the only creatures here.)
4. Medical advances have made it possible for humans to breathe longer (not necessarily LIVE longer
    and PRODUCTIVE lives.) The number of non-productive is outgrowing the number of productive, so
    by design, #1, #2 and #3 will be heavily impacted. This section is a huge factor nobody wants to pay
    heed to nor create a solution for as nobody wants to take responsibility for someone other than "self."
5. "Leaders" cannot be of the elite, otherwise they only tend to "lead" for those like themselves.
    The only way to teach peace, modesty, brotherhood, etc. is to show by example and have a very
    large following showing the rewards of such a life as opposed to today's overly materialistic behaviors.
6. War... historically it's based on greed/lust.  That would be the true testament to humanity; to once and for
    all, put down the weapons and pick up the tools needed to make us stronger as a whole...

ThanosĀ® was wrong.  A snap of the fingers only rewinds the clock...  it doesn't change the outcome.

Thanks for sharing.  Now, write to Charles and ask him "...okay, you've spent all that time telling us
what IS and what HAS BEEN, now spend your time more constructively and find a way to ramble on
by saying HOW we can strive for the above; how to make POSITIVE out of all the NEGATIVE...  That
would be a worthwhile read.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 05:29:39 AM »
LOL! Found this:
My Elevator Speech / What Do I Write About?
In one sentence: The status quo is unsustainable and I write about solutions--the values, priorities and tools we need to navigate a rapidly evolving economy and society.

Guess I missed that in the post you shared :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline nick65go

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 05:35:35 AM »
I have no connection to his blog (so I will not contact him). But I think that he also touched some/his solutions to the global problems:
http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2024/01/self-reliance-taoism-and-warring-states.html

I just share a link of a subject that I like. Sharing is caring. Maybe you are more aware of these subjects, maybe others are not, or they do not have time to think about high level problems (because, you know, they are busy to pay the daily bills). aka Maslow pyramid, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 05:53:56 AM by nick65go »