Tiny Core Base > CorePlus

Problem with rtl8188EUS wifi USB adapter

(1/12) > >>

notferrari:
I've installed (via "tc-install") coreplus on a pretty old machine (x86 single-core, around 500MHz processor, about 512MB RAM), and managed to boot correctly and use it from ethernet cable.
I have a TP-Link wifi adapter (RTL8188EUS on "lsusb") that i'd like to use with it, but it looks like tc isn't identifying it correctly.

"sudo wifi.sh" does not identify it as a wifi interface, and "dmesg" only shows lines for connecting the device.

I've also tried to install some packages (namely "firmware-rtlwifi", "firmware-wlan" and "wireless-6.1.2-tinycore"), but also no success.

Is there anything I could do to make it work?

curaga:
That looks like one of the staging drivers, which we do not ship. You would need to compile either the staging driver, or their third-party driver.

notferrari:
Are there any instructions on how should I do this?

Also, I've found this: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu.
Is it just enough to follow repo's instructions? Should I need to do extra steps because of TinyCore architecture?

GNUser:

--- Quote from: notferrari on September 20, 2023, 09:43:00 AM ---Are there any instructions on how should I do this?
Is it just enough to follow repo's instructions? Should I need to do extra steps because of TinyCore architecture?

--- End quote ---

The x86_64 repo has 88x2bu.tcz and 8188eu.tcz extensions. You are on x86 so those extensions are not going to help you, but you can consult the notes on how those extensions were built. Process to build 8188eu on x86 is probably identical or nearly so.

http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/14.x/x86_64/tcz/src/88x2bu/compilation
http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/14.x/x86_64/tcz/src/rtl8188eu/build-8188eu.sh

aus9:
Hi

--- Quote ---TP-Link wifi adapter (RTL8188EUS
--- End quote ---
Lets confirm we have a match for your adapter to my TC64 vendor and product ids

1) download and load usb-utils then post the output for your adapter for command

--- Code: ---lsusb
--- End code ---

NOT OP mine is Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2357:010c TP-Link TL-WN722N v2/v3 [Realtek RTL8188EUS]

TC64 vendor and product ids are little hard to read but they are

--- Code: --- modinfo 8188eu | grep usb:
alias:          usb:v0BDApFFEFd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0B05p18F0d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v2C4Ep0102d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0BDAp8179d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v2357p0111d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v2357p010Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* # this is my slow class N device
alias:          usb:v056Ep4008d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v2001p331Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v2001p3311d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v2001p3310d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v2001p330Fd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0DF6p0076d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v7392pB811d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v07B8p8179d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0BDAp0179d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0BDAp8179d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*;;

--- End code ---

I have been busy doing stuff on RPi and had no plans to build this for TC32. I have no problem if you can build it if you have a match.
If you prefer I build it, it may take me some time but if built I can send a pm for you to get the TCE early as there can be a few weeks delay in submission being carefully checked for TC compliance etc.

class N speeds are slow.....have you considered buying an ac speed dongle?
Mine is single antenna in theory max 150 megabits per second
Some members here may be able to give you their suggestions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version