WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: It would be great to have a web browser that can work in CLI.  (Read 809 times)

Offline meo

It would be great to have a web browser that can work in CLI.
« on: September 10, 2023, 06:49:14 AM »
OK guys here we go again!

I would very much have a web browser that works in CLI. I've checked the 32 bit repo and can't find any. A text based web browser like lynx or if there is something that is considered better to use. (A speech synthesizer to go with it wouldn't be too bad either. ;) ) Well let's get serious. It was a long time ago when I used it but I think it's still maintained. Well I would deeply appreciate if someone could make it as an extension. Thanks beforehand!

// meo

PS Maybe it's used in a GUI environment. I don't remember. Sorry for bugging you. DS

"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

Re: It would be great to have a web browser that can work in CLI.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 07:49:14 AM »
Hi again!

Reading some thread I saw that Links should be available in 32 bit. Strange isn't it. I wasn't looking for it but there it was. I installed and loaded it but I couldn't load the TC web site so I had to startx and tell you I have found links in the repo. I thought links had the ability to show some graphic stuff but this one is pure text. So I found more or less what I was looking for.

// meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline CNK

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 05:18:00 PM »
    I don't understand exactly what you're looking for, but for x86 TC14 you've got:

• links.tcz - text mode only
    • links-full.tcz - text mode, or graphics (images) via framebuffer or X (start with "links -g" for graphics)
    • elinks-nodep.tcz - text mode only, no HTTPS support
    • lynx.tcz - text mode only (I'm not sure how you missed this)

On x86_64 there's just links.tcz and links-full.tcz.

Edit: Pehaps you meant PiCore? Only links.tcz seems to be available there. Please say the exact architecture, eg. armv6, instead of "32bit" when talking about PiCore in parts of the forum that aren't dedicated to it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 05:27:19 PM by CNK »

Offline meo

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 06:14:53 AM »
You're right I should have mentioned that I was checking tthe 32 bit piCore repo and as I mentioned in my second post I found links in that repo. Will be more careful to mention that I'm using piCore in the future.

// meo