WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] Swedish keyboard layout  (Read 3288 times)

Offline meo

Re: Swedish keyboard layout
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2023, 05:51:55 AM »
OK, now I'm up and running again. Using piCore 13.1 now. Will try to fix a swedish keyboard layout on my micro sd harddrive.  ;)
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2023, 01:53:36 PM »
Hi again!

Running piCore 14.0 at present and I can't change the keyboard layout to Swedish. Jag får krupp! Igen ska jag väl säga det var ju några år sedan sist. Har provat att köra ditt skript, patrikg, testat getlocale osv. But nothing works. Rich I added the line you suggested to .xsession but it doesn't work for me. I'm getting crazy! Now I can boot into GUI from the start so at least I figured that one out but still no Swedish keyboard layout. I don't get it. I guess you are all tired of this problem right now but it is like having a pebble in your shoe a real Pain in the rear. What more can I do?

Very thankful,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2023, 02:41:15 PM »
Hi meo
... Rich I added the line you suggested to .xsession but it doesn't work for me. ...
Which line did I suggest you add to .xsession? In which post did I make that suggestion?

Offline CardealRusso

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2023, 03:40:35 PM »
Which line did I suggest you add to .xsession? In which post did I make that suggestion?
He must be referring to my suggestion in
If you are using Xorg you can just add...

Which is strange that it didn't work. Assuming you correctly placed this line at the end of the .xsession and it still didn't work, I can only conclude that you are not using Xorg.
Also, initially, i didn't know that you were referring to PiCore, because I don't understand anything about PiCore and I don't even know if it works the same. You should have said it was picore or created the topic in the picore session.

Keep in mind that there are some extensions that reset the keyboard defined by setxkbmap, for example raid-dm (this only happens when the extension is loaded manually, after login)

Could you share the contents of your .xsession and, with Rich's help, be sure you're using Xorg?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2023, 08:13:07 PM »
Hi CardealRusso
... and, with Rich's help, be sure you're using Xorg?
He said he was using TC.tcz. That means piCore and Xorg.
If you look at the TC.tcz.dep file you'll see it's for Xorg:
Code: [Select]
Xorg.tcz
flwm_topside.tcz
wbar.tcz
aterm.tcz
http://tinycorelinux.net/13.x/armv7/tcz/TC.tcz.dep

Offline patrikg

• Wiki Author
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2023, 12:29:02 AM »
Hello Meo

Hej igen, då får vi väl ta det på ett annat vis, det finns sällan en lösning på ett problem.

Can you take(download) this file within this post, and put it in your home directory. That will be /home/tc.

1. First we need to make as root.
Code: (bash) [Select]
sudo su -

2. Next we need have to make the directory like this.
mkdir -p /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
3. Next we need to copy the file to that directory, don't know where to file is located now but lets say that the file is in your home directory, that you have download it there.
cp /home/tc/se_keyboard.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/se_keyboard.conf

4. Next you need to make this file do it's thing every boot(persistent).
    You need to add one line to this ".filetool.lst" file.
    The very easy way of doing that can be done with oneliner is this way.
echo -e "etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/se_keyboard.conf" >> /opt/.filetool.lst

5. Next we have to make the backup of the system, so our new file will be there (copied over) then we start our system next time.
filetool.sh -b -v

6. That's all, now we can test if it works if we boot our system.
reboot

Offline meo

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2023, 02:11:43 AM »
Hi guys!

First of all I want to apologize for being absentminded and making this thread a mess. Naturally it was never my intention. I want to say thanks to everybody that has made an effort to help me. That shows that the TC forum works very well. I should have pointed out that I was using piCore from the beginning. That would have avoided a lot of confusion. Probably I should have started this thread (asking for help) in another location of this forum. Last but not least I want to thank patrikg for putting up with my constant mistakes and finally helping me to get my Swedish keyboard layout. Thanks a lot! I will be more cautious to start threads where they belong in the future. So finally thanks to all of you that has helped and made me learn things about TC that I unfortunately have forgotten! Now I'm all set to explore the world of TC through piCore again.

Thanks to all for putting up with me and trying to help me out! I've learned a lot!  :)

Kind regards,
meo

Offline patrikg

• Wiki Author
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2023, 03:43:07 AM »
You welcome.
I glad that I can help you.

//Patrik
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 03:48:00 AM by patrikg »

Offline CardealRusso

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2023, 07:39:12 AM »
Now I’ve messed up the micro sd card so I have to start over again.
It wasn't clear to me if you were able to solve the problem.

You could run the command directly:
setxkbmap -layout se -option ctrl:nocaps
In the terminal and check if it solves?

Offline patrikg

• Wiki Author
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2023, 09:13:40 AM »
Don't think you need to do this type of workaround, to get the keyboard layout correct in X11.

I think it's better to let the X11 do it's thing with the correct config file that you can provide in correct directory like my solution.

I think Meo now get the correct Swedish keyboard layout.

So some moderator could mark this thread as solved ??
I think also you Meo as thread author, can mark this as solved, just edit the Title to solved.

Or do we need to deep any deeper into this problem Meo ??
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 09:44:05 AM by patrikg »

Offline CardealRusso

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2023, 01:10:03 PM »
@patrikg
I'm just exposing an alternative, you don't need to feel threatened or think (a lot) that everyone is obliged to do what you see as the only correct option.

And please don't call a native, single-function command a workaround. That's a solution.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2023, 01:43:10 PM »
So some moderator could mark this thread as solved ??
I think also you Meo as thread author, can mark this as solved, just edit the Title to solved.

Hi patrikg,

It is not possible to edit the topic title. Meo as the topic starter may ask Rich, our admin, to edit the topic title and mark it as solved.

PS Hi Rich!

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: [Solved] Swedish keyboard layout
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2023, 01:43:48 PM »
Hi patrikg
... So some moderator could mark this thread as solved ?? ...
Agreed. So marked.

... I think also you Meo as thread author, can mark this as solved, just edit the Title to solved. ...
The original post is the correct place to do that. After 30 minutes you
can no longer edit a post you have made, so you need to ask an
administrator to do it for you.