Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

geany missing icons

<< < (2/2)

GNUser:
Hi Juanito. I investigated some more. What caused the breakage for me is that gtk2.tcz.dep used to include adwaita-icon-theme.tcz. Now it doesn't. Since gtk2.tcz.dep was the only .dep file on my system that included adwaita-icon-theme.tcz, the theme is no longer getting loaded, causing geany and gtk3's file selection dialog to be sad pandas.

It's clear that gtk3 (e.g., file selection dialog) and geany both need adwaita-icon-theme somewhere in their dependency trees. The real question is: What's the best place to put it?

EDIT: My vote is to add it to gtk3.tcz.dep, and to add it back into gtk2.tcz.dep.

Rich:
Hi GNUser

--- Quote from: GNUser on March 20, 2023, 10:56:50 AM ---Hi Rich.

--- Quote from: Rich on March 20, 2023, 10:48:44 AM ---What happens if you only load  humanity-icon-theme.tcz  or  lxde-icon-theme.tcz  instead?
--- End quote ---
Even if I load them both, gtk3's file selection dialog and geany are not happy and show placeholders where icons should be. ...
--- End quote ---

I just noticed a couple of things that may have interfered with that test:
humanity-icon-theme.tcz.dep  contained  hicolor-icon-theme.tcz  instead of  gtk-update-icon-cache.tcz.
lxde-icon-theme.tcz  does not contain a  /usr/local/tce.installed/lxde-icon-theme  startup script.

I fixed the  humanity-icon-theme.tcz.dep  file.

GNUser:
Hi Rich. I rebooted, ensured adwaita-icon-theme was not loaded, removed old version of humanity-icon-theme, and downloaded+loaded your fixed version of the latter:

--- Code: ---bruno@x230:~$ tce-status -i | grep icon
gtk-update-icon-cache
hicolor-icon-theme
bruno@x230:~$ ce
bruno@x230:/etc/sysconfig/tcedir$ cd optional
bruno@x230:/etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional$ rm humanity-icon*
bruno@x230:/etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional$ tce-load -wi humanity-icon-theme
humanity-icon-theme.tcz.dep OK
Downloading: humanity-icon-theme.tcz
Connecting to repo.tinycorelinux.net (128.127.66.77:80)
saving to 'humanity-icon-theme.tcz'
humanity-icon-theme. 100% |********************************| 5728k  0:00:00 ETA
'humanity-icon-theme.tcz' saved
humanity-icon-theme.tcz: OK

--- End code ---
geany and gtk3's file selection dialog still sad pandas.

adwaita-icon-theme must have some kind of privileged status with gtk3 and gtk3-dependent applications.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version