poppler07.tcz depends on curl.tcz?

<< < (2/2)

Rich:
Hi nick65go
This is the command I used:

--- Code: ---grep -l "poppler07.tcz" 13.x/x86*/tcz/*.dep | cut -d '.' -f-3
--- End code ---
I have local access to the server, so this won't work for you. You would need a
copy of all of the  .dep  files to do this.

nick65go:
Rich, many thanks for your patience with me. Now everything is clear.

I was talking about flaxpdf from TC14-alpha, which depends in the end on curl.
IMHO flaxpdf should not depend on it, only on some poppler version.
You talk about flaxpdf from stable TC13.

Maybe, if it is appropriate, we should change the topic title, it is a little misleading now, after clarification.
I propose to rename it like " flaxpdf should not depend on curl, in the spirit of <Tiny> apls, even in TC14".
For me this is case close, thanks.

Rich:
Hi nick65go

--- Quote from: nick65go on February 26, 2023, 10:10:01 AM --- ... I was talking about flaxpdf from TC14-alpha, which depends in the end on curl.
IMHO flaxpdf should not depend on it, only on some poppler version.
You talk about flaxpdf from stable TC13. ...
--- End quote ---
The vast majority of extensions in the TC14 repositories were copied over from TC13.
Extensions don't get updated just because there is a new release of Tinycore, they
get update when there is a need.

nick65go:
I got it before, that TC14 has almost (if not) all tcz FROM previously version, TC13.
The confusion was that "my re-mastered" TC13 has some programs from all TC old-versions. Yes, it is a little crazy.

ex: This happened with my flaxpdf in TC13, which was from maybe TC5.
ex: Because flwm had no mouse-pointers on windows corners (now it has, thanks) I used a fltk-1.1 from TC5 in my TC13.

and so on, like with fluff-1.8 crashing, is fluff-1.9 maybe from TC12, etc; when ever something was not as I liked; this was possible because the old-version used older libraries which almost all the time had all inner symbols/functions compatible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version