WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: SMARK disk.......... "warns imminent drive failure"...........what to do?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline vinceASPECT

Hello F,

The first boot message displays( after bios splash)

------------------------------------------------------------------

......... SMART disk  warning............imminent drive failure..........back up to be safe

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(a) It wouldn't be such an issue if computers had TWO simultaneous parallel REALTIME DRIVES
(which is WHY all the worlds computers have a design flaw).............they don't have (a)

is it just wise to STOP USING the drive ............right away.   

See, there's no way or location for me to BACK UP to anyhow.............and it's a ****** OS drive
which makes backing up almost impossible..........oceans of data.

Figure that stopping using it.............and only accessing the drive WHEN and  AT POINTS that vital info
could be needed off it................such as Documents or  sensetive info

that's all i can figure out to do...............the dirve is such a mess i can't get into any TYPE of backing up

i don't want to REMOVE the SSD.............but i figure TINYCORE in Ram and USB won't  touch the SSD

sure i can SEE FOLDERS and tons of stuff on the SSD from TINYCORE..........which i could copy to pen
drive..............DOCUMENTS mainly........that's it..........SOME PHOTOS......but that COULD solve it

thanks
C

Offline vinceASPECT

Re: SMARK disk.......... "warns imminent drive failure"...........what to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 07:04:49 AM »
Hello,

Will have to use a "void tools" free app called "everything"

search out all types of files such as.........

".DOC" .......".cvs"........".txt".......".rtf".....".jpeg"........".png"

and many other similar file types.............

Then copy all these "Document // data files" and photo's etc.......over onto a backup pen drive.
and a cloud drive too.

do-able.

Upon completing that, then simply get a tablet machine which more reliable........
and simply have this Laptop on Tinycore

thx anyway
C

Offline vinceASPECT

Re: SMARK disk.......... "warns imminent drive failure"...........what to do?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 06:49:33 AM »
Hello F,

Took a long long while to do backups .......required due to initial post in this thread.

There are many many oceans of files and the OS seemed literally thronged with
replicating type file hooks

Have tried to make several backup locations, but another Laptop just literally packed in
when i actually really needed it.......  (no idea why )

.......citations online say the "SMART imminent fail"  Hewlett Packard feature can stay on the screens for oceans & oceans ...........with NOTHING happening or imminently faiLure having happened...........so...........?

Hewlett Packard have just made OCEANS redundant............that's not imminent ........it's happened
(........O___o........)

AS per earlier post, tablets would be more reliable devices.........so inclined to go that way.

There is a desktop PC here but guzzles oceans of energy........infact, there are a couple of PC's

It's thankful for Tinycore in the above respects.......

best wishes
C

« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 06:51:35 AM by vinceASPECT »