WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ext4  (Read 6762 times)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: ext4
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »
The libblkid in the hal extension does indeed recognize ext4, and it would be good if hal could be made modular by seperating libblkid into it's own extension for those who only need libblkid and not hal.  This is one case, and libblkid along with filesystems-2.6.29.1 being made into core extensions and dropped into a remaster would support ext4.  The same could be said of libuuid since supporting libraries from seperate sources really belong in their own extension.

I will move libblkid and libuuid out from HAL to an extension.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:13:42 PM by bmarkus »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 03:18:13 AM »
Thanks!

I will test placing the filesystem extension along with libblkid in a remaster and see if ext4 would work.  If reiserfs worked, and it is not one of the fs types looked for upon boot, then ext4 may just work.

Offline spillz

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »
Thanks!

I will test placing the filesystem extension along with libblkid in a remaster and see if ext4 would work.  If reiserfs worked, and it is not one of the fs types looked for upon boot, then ext4 may just work.

let me know if you have any success with this. I may not get time to test again for a little bit...

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »
It is still not supported when the lib and modules are core extensions.  Several things would have to change in base functions as well as updating of filesystem apps to be safe with ext4.  Ext4 is very new and is simply at this point not a supported file system for base sytem usage.