WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Picore 13.1.0 failed in waitforX  (Read 5342 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Picore 13.1.0 failed in waitforX
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2022, 09:27:34 PM »
Hi erfan_m14
Try it like this:
Code: [Select]
firmware-rpi-wifi.tcz
wifi.tcz
TC.tcz

Then reboot.

I don't see  firmware-rpi3-wireless.tcz  anywhere in the repositories.

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2022, 09:46:10 PM »

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »
I have used this old instruction:
https://www.novaspirit.com/2018/01/09/tiny-core-raspberry-pi-zero-w-install/
As it says for running WiFi I have downloaded some tcz files from this site to my SD card and copied them to /mnt/mmcblk0p2//tce/optional
So maybe I have replaced some tcz files with older versions?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 10:03:35 PM »
Hi erfan_m14
Something is very wrong with your current installation.

Go here:
http://tinycorelinux.net/12.x/armv7/releases/RPi/
Read the files called  IMPORTANT  and  README  and follow the instructions.

Download the latest version from here:
http://tinycorelinux.net/13.x/armv7/releases/RPi/

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2022, 11:59:47 PM »
It kinda looks like your openssl.tcz or one of its deps is corrupted. Did you run out of space?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 06:11:47 AM »
Ok finally I got everything working properly so I share what I did in case that I forget it later and it can be helpful for others who are like me and need a simple and straight forward instruction on how to install picore 13.1.0 on Raspberry pi3 B+ with WIFI and Tiny Core GUI working.

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 06:12:48 AM »
It kinda looks like your openssl.tcz or one of its deps is corrupted. Did you run out of space?
I don't know if I had run out of space, but I guess I have replaced the file with older or corrupted file.
I did what Rich said:
Something is very wrong with your current installation.
Read the files called  IMPORTANT  and  README  and follow the instructions.

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2022, 06:14:43 AM »
I downloaded and installed picore 13.1.0
Expanded second partition with the help of following video (at 4:00 until 5:20):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKvW59uk4PY&t=240s
Then ran filetool.sh -b
Then to use wifi I ran
tce-load -i firmware-rpi-wifi
tce-load -i wireless-KERNEL
tce-load -i wifi
But they needed some tcz files which were not available so I downloaded them with my PC from "http://tinycorelinux.net/13.x/armv7/tcz/" and copied them to "mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional" so running those 3 tce-load commands (for wifi) would give me OK without any error.

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 06:15:27 AM »
For copying I had to mount mmcblk0p1 and then copy tcz files using "cp" command and I the instruction of how to mount and how to copy files are in that video too (he copies something else but I didn't copy them, I copied only the files that I mention here"
The TCZ files I downloaded are:
firmware-rpi-wifi.tcz
wireless-5.10.77-picore-v7.tcz
wifi.tcz
Then I ran "sudo wifi.sh" and it returned "No wifi device found!"
I found out that if I copy "wireless_tools.tcz" that I downloaded from "http://tinycorelinux.net/13.x/armv7/tcz/" to "mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional" and run "tce-load i- wireless_tools" I won't get "No wifi device found!", and all wifi routers will show up and after I choose my router and enter my password, I get:
sending credentials to requested access point (network SSID): wpa_passphrase: not found

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 06:16:21 AM »
And then it fails to connect.
Then I found that if I copy "wpa_supplicant.tcz" that again I downloaded from that link and run "tce-load -i wpa_supplicant" I won't get that "wpa_passphrase: not found" error but this time a new error:
sending credentials to requested access point (network SSID): wpa_passphrase: error while loading shared libraries: libnl-3.so.200: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryand then again it fails to connect.
Then I realized that if I do the same thing as I did for "wpa_supplicant" for "libnl.tcz", and then run "sudo wifi.sh" I won't get any errors anymore and finally can connect to my wifi successfully!
Then I ran "tce-load -iw TC.tcz"
and after it finished I could enter GUI with "startx"
now after I rebooted I didn't have wifi working because I had to run all those "tce-load" commands again in terminal so I added them to onboot.lst with the commands below to make wifi working every time system boots.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2022, 07:01:20 AM »
Tinycore dependency files are recursive - that means you need to download the contents of wifi.tcz.tree.

In addition, for each file listed in extension.tcz.tree, you need to download extension.tcz, extension.tcz.dep and extension.tcz.md5.txt.

Once you've done the above, "tce-load -i wifi" will load everything you need.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 07:05:23 AM »
Hi erfan_m14
Doesn't the  pi  have a port for a wired network connection? From the  README  file:
... advised to have a wired Internet connections to have proper system time, to install packages ...
This would allow you to install what you need to get a wireless connection.

If you are going to fetch an extension manually, you also need to fetch all of its dependencies. The
easiest way to do that is to use the  .tree  file. In the case of  wifi.tcz , that would be:
http://tinycorelinux.net/13.x/armv7/tcz/wifi.tcz.tree
For each file listed, you need the  .tcz , .tcz.md6.txt , and if it exists, the  .tcz.dep  file. For example:
wifi.tcz
wifi.tcz.md5.txt
wifi.tcz.dep

Do not fetch the  wireless-5.10.16-piCore-v7.tcz  file. It does not match your kernel version.
Run:
uname -rto find out what kernel version you have and use that for the part highlighted in bold text.

Once you have copied  the files to your  tce/optional  directory, create a  tce/onboot.lst  file that looks
like this:
firmware-rpi-wifi.tcz
wifi.tcz

Now when you run:
tce-load -i firmware-rpi-wifi
tce-load -i wifi
all the required extensions should now load correctly. They should all now load correctly when you boot.

When the wifi is up, you should be able to install  TC.tcz
tce-load -wi TC
As far has how  tce-load  works:
To download only:
tce-load -w TC
To install an already downloaded extension:
tce-load -i TC
To download, install, and add to  onboot.lst:
tce-load -wi TC
To download, install, and not add to  onboot.lst:
tce-load -wil TC

Offline erfan_m14

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2022, 08:21:31 AM »
Thank you Rich, I didn't have any experience in working with a linux os, and my purpose of installing picore on my rpi is to have a web browser with good performance that I can have about 4 tabs open of tradingview charts at the same time.
So I did re-installed the os again from the first step this time with the wired network connected (I wish I had done this at first, it would have saved me and you 2 days of ...!)
By the way I tried installing dillo and after downloading some dependencies it gave me this error:
mdsum: ipv6-netfilter-5.10.77-piCore-v7.tcz.md5.txt: No such file or directory
Error on ipv6-netfilter-5.10.77-piCore-v7.tcz
I also installed epiphany successfully but when I run "epiphany" it gives me this error:
epiphany: error while loading shared libraries: libhogweed.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryI can run firefox but I guess maybe one of those 2 would perform better, because I tried firefox but it was so slow on tradingview even slower than cheromium on raspbian.
And if you have any suggestions about overclocking my rpi or even another OS that can do what I need better, please let me know. I also had DietPi and Manjaro OS in mind but guessed picore may be better as it runs on ram so it should be faster. Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:26:33 AM by erfan_m14 »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 08:37:59 AM »
Dillo won't work, it doesn't support JS. That said, it's a pretty hopeless quest trying to use heavy websites on a rpi.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 08:51:03 AM »
Hi erfan_m14
epiphany: error while loading shared libraries: libhogweed.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
It needs  nettle7.tcz.