WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Solved: TinyCore for offline wiki browsing  (Read 2277 times)

Offline alanbcohen

Solved: TinyCore for offline wiki browsing
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:59:38 AM »
I'd appreciate if someone could give me a list of the needed packages to enable a simple off-line JavaScript-enabled browser setup.  I'm not too concerned which browser, so long as it is JavaScript-enabled for TiddlyWiki to work.  I'm looking for a package list so they can be downloaded from another OS where wifi is working, I don't have a hard-wire alternative for this machine in this environment.
I'm looking at a fast-boot alternative, starting from grub (already installed with the main OS), that will let me use a local TiddlyWiki file for such things as a quick address-book look-up, calendar, notes, and blood sugar readings.  I already have the TiddlyWiki file(s).  Just looking for a working shortlist of packages to keep this fast booting.  The proposed target system is a Asus eee701 4g (about 18 months old).
If I can get this to work, there may be other interested users; I'm trying to replace a PalmOS device and don't want a combination phone.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:23:07 AM by alanbcohen »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: TinyCore for offline wiki browsing?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:14:30 AM »
opera.tce

Done. :D

I'm not familiar with tiddlywiki, if you need PHP MySQL etc. to run it, then those too, otherwise Opera is enough (no deps!).

For better-looking fonts, which you might want, grab these extensions too (Liberation fonts can be substituted with whatever you like):
expat2.tcel
fontconfig.tcel
liberation-fonts-ttf.tce
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline alanbcohen

Re: TinyCore for offline wiki browsing?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:22:16 AM »
Thanks!  I know Opera works on other platforms with TiddlyWiki.  And that it has no other dependencies is GREAT.  My target platform hs only 4g on it's equivalent of disk space.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Solved: TinyCore for offline wiki browsing
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »
One thing I forgot, use TCZ instead of TCE for a faster boot. :)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.