Tiny Core Base > piCore Test Releases

piCore-13beta6 is available (32 bit)

<< < (3/3)

dacarman:
After testing it, there is no way to make it work with the vc4 overlays (tried Pi 3B+ and Pi4, with fkms, kms, and kms-pi4 overlays variants)

dmesg shows errors because of invalid ELF headers.

Also, tce-load does not allow the download of xxxx-KERNEL v7 versions TCZs when booting with v7 kernel.

I guess it is also because the differences from previous piCore versions related to v7/v7l way of work/detection.

Hope this helps. Regards.

bmarkus:
Try piCore-13.0.1

dacarman:
Hi again, thanks for your notification.

I just tried, with these results:

Raspberry Pi 3B+:  tce-load -w works now, but graphics modules (graphics-KERNEL) fails continues (same ELF errors and vc4: Unknown symbols for cec_xxxxx...). /dev/dri is not created, so SDL dependant programs can't be run.

Raspberry Pi 4: WiFi does not connect with my access point (previous 13.0 version worked), graphics modules (graphics-KERNEL) fails continues (same ELF errors and vc4: Unknown symbols for cec_xxxxx...). /dev/dri is not created, so SDL dependant programs can't be run.

Hope this helps.

Paul_123:
Bela,

Did you apply the busybox patches to resolve the invalid Elf header messages in dmesg?  Those are noisy errors, but it doesn’t tell you that it retries, and load successfully.

Now the missing symbols is a different problem.  Cec was added to the 5.10 kernels recentLY, SO Those modules are now required.

Paul

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: Paul_123 on February 27, 2021, 06:49:06 AM ---Bela,

Did you apply the busybox patches to resolve the invalid Elf header messages in dmesg?  Those are noisy errors, but it doesn’t tell you that it retries, and load successfully.

Now the missing symbols is a different problem.  Cec was added to the 5.10 kernels recentLY, SO Those modules are now required.

Paul

--- End quote ---

Hi Paul,

not yet. I finalized kernel and fixed board identification, BusyBox is next

Regards... Béla

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version