WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Python3 and Libraries  (Read 4404 times)

Offline traben

Python3 and Libraries
« on: November 26, 2020, 11:39:25 AM »
Hello,

I just started using Tiny core in my computer. I just want to work on python3. I installed python 3.4.3 from "Apps" but I need python 3.8 for some libraries. How can I update python and install libraries? And if there is a platform like pycharm, jupyter, spyder etc. in tiny core I want to learn it. Because now I write code on terminal.

Thank you.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Python3 and Libraries
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
What version of tinycore are you using and for what architecture?

Core/CorePure64-11.x have python3.6 and piCore/piCore64-12.x have python3.8.

Offline traben

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 02:30:51 PM »
My version is 6.4, when I try to update is, it calls "sda appears to have a partition already mounted! Check if correct device, if so, umount it and then run installer again.". How can I update?

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »
Hi traben
You will need to reinstall. When I update to a newer version, I do a fresh install on a fresh partition so I don't destroy my
currently working install. That way I can refer to my previous install as to which extensions I had installed and any files
I had tweaked.

Only the ARM version currently has version 3.8. The Intel versions (32 and 64 bit) are at version 3.6.

Offline traben

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »
If it won't be a silly question how can I reinstall? Because I tried to format with usb, umount device from xfe, install another linux system and install tiny core again, but always when I try to TC_install, always same error : "sda appears to have a partition already mounted! Check if correct device, if so, umount it and then run installer again." and when I restart computer version is 6.4. ( Usb format is update version but after restart computer version is again 6.4)

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 09:47:16 PM »
Hi traben
It sounds like maybe you told it to install to a device instead of a partition. If you don't have a free partition, you will
need to boot from another device to resize one or more partitions on your device to make room.  gparted  is a good
tool for this job. Once you have an empty partition, you can even have  gparted  format it for you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 10:28:48 AM by Rich »

Offline traben

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
Thank you for your answer. Finally I install 11.1 and python 3.6. Lastly, Do you know Python IDE in tiny core plus?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 09:11:10 AM »
If you use the apps gui and search on python3.6 or py3.6 you'll see a list of the python extensions available.

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 10:28:22 AM »
Hi traben
geany.tcz  is pretty nice.