WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: pipewire update for TCL15 x86_64  (Read 688 times)

Offline GNUser

pipewire update for TCL15 x86_64
« on: January 11, 2024, 09:13:27 AM »
Hi Juanito. I'd like to request that pipewire in TCL15 x86_64 repo be updated from version 0.2.7 to version 1.0.1. This latest version comes with wireplumber and pipewire-pulse, is working on TCL15-alpha, and would be fun to tinker with.

I followed these steps (which includes a source code edit from Rich) and was able to compile it and run it. I can submit the extensions to you if you like, but I would defer to you regarding creation of the .dep files (current pipewire *seems* to have no dependencies, which I have a hard time believing).

If you decide to build it yourself from scratch, kindly include support for libcanberra :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 09:15:27 AM by GNUser »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: pipewire update for TCL15 x86_64
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 09:16:51 AM »
Please go ahead and submit your pipewire extension.

Offline GNUser

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 11:06:01 AM »
Hi Juanito. I submitted the pipewire update. Please check the .dep files. It's working for me without any startup scripts.

-----

P.S. For users who'd like to try pipewire, this is working for me:

1. make sure alsa is properly configured (see https://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/doku.php?id=wiki:setting_up_sound)
2. make sure pulseaudio is not running
3. load pipewire.tcz and run these commands (manually or via a startup script):
    sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/dbus start
    pipewire &
    sleep 1
    wireplumber &
    pipewire-pulse &

Volume can be controlled with pactl (part of pulseaudio.tcz), changing input/output devices can be done via pavucontrol (part of pavucontrol.tcz). Note that I've always been an alsa-only and my sound needs are simple. I'm mainly testing the waters to see what all the fuss is about.

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 11:19:39 PM »
@GNUser: Do you have the means to build and test on x86, piCore and/or aarch64?  (Just a personal preference -- an extension on one platform being available on all of our supported platforms is ideal.)  If not, no worries.

Thanks!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair