WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Package manager : Third-party software component ; 3rd party package  (Read 2263 times)

Offline xor

Package manager : Third-party software component ; 3rd party package

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package_manager

my opinion. TCL philosophy needs to be developed.

* It must be created in a folder named third-party software component and must be installed from there to the RAM system.

* TCL archives its basic libraries as * .TCZ, so TCL team works more efficiently.

freedom is not to put everything in shape.
their structures should allow them to exist in their free form.
If the third party software support file is not accessible with your hosting site,
Waiting for volunteers' free time does not meet the real-time expectations of TCL users.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 03:09:57 AM by xor »

Offline Sashank999

Re: Package manager : Third-party software component ; 3rd party package
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 03:19:18 AM »
Loading to RAM means more lag. It is not useful for users of old computers which is the main philosophy of TCL. I think its better to convert those 3rd party package manager's downloaded packages into tczs first.

Offline xor

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 04:08:06 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package_format

APK to TCZ
Deb to TCZ
ebuild to TCZ
eopkg to TCZ
ORB to TCZ
PKG to TCZ
.pkg.tar.zst to TCZ
PUP and PET to TCZ
RPM to TCZ
SNAP to TCZ

Loading to RAM means more lag. It is not useful for users of old computers which is the main philosophy of TCL. I think its better to convert those 3rd party package manager's downloaded packages into tczs first.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 04:14:04 AM »
There is already a version of tinycore that works by converting *deb to *tcz(sce) - it is called dCore.

There are no tinycore plans to use any other forms of package, but if that's what you want, you're welcome to make something yourself.

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 06:16:21 AM »
If you have read my previous post, you may have noticed that we have discussed all of these issues before... You and I have good ideas, but... I suggest you do it by ourself, otherwise it's easy for people to misunderstand what you say.
But from their point of view, I think it makes sense for them not to. Just as Juanito and Sashank999 said that every distribution's package manager tools are different, library names may be different, and kernel versions may also be different... Almost all software packages in all formats are just a compressed document. You can convert any package to another according to the relevant official standards, but it may not be able to be used normally after the conversion. You also need to solve the most core and most troublesome problem: software dependency problem... I've done some related experiments, such as trying to install deB and RPM software on TCL, and it works... But the process is pretty cumbersome...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 06:50:12 AM by NOOB »