General TC > Programming & Scripting - Unofficial

how to compile wireguard kernel module for TCL

<< < (2/5) > >>

GNUser:
Thanks for the heads-up, Rich. I have tunl0, too, even when no vpn interface exists. I'm not sure what tunl0's purpose is, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with vpn.

The reason I mention  tun0  is that the venerable openvpn creates tun0 by default. Because I used openvpn for a long time, all my firewall/networking scripts assume the vpn interface is named tun0. By having wireguard name its interface tun0, wireguard has been for me a drop-in replacement for openvpn :)

P.S. In my limited experience, I've found that a vpn connection created with wireguard is more stable than one created with openvpn. I used to have a script in my router that would kill openvpn and restart it every six hours, since after six hours there would sometimes be dropped connections. With wireguard, my router connected to vpn provider 10 days ago and the connection has been solid for 240 hours and counting!

Juanito:
Posted - thanks for your contribution  :)

GNUser:
You're welcome. It's my pleasure to contribute to such a fine project :)

Rich:
Hi GNUser

--- Quote from: GNUser on June 05, 2020, 09:05:50 AM ---Thanks for the heads-up, Rich. I have tunl0, too, even when no vpn interface exists. I'm not sure what tunl0's purpose is, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with vpn. ...
--- End quote ---
I mention it on the off chance someone decides to name their interface  tunl0  and it results in a conflict.

GNUser:
juanito - When you have time, please also post the extensions for TCL10 32-bit. My local mirror is restless until it is in sync with the official repository ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version