WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Problems with video  (Read 2084 times)

Offline ferran

Problems with video
« on: March 28, 2020, 05:15:29 AM »
Previously I did

Code: [Select]
tce-load -wi libavcodec4

because i had a problem with streaming videos in youtube. This problem was solved successfully there:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,23662.0.html

But I sang victory so much soon... :(

Suddently I saw that the font was different (my keyboard was becam US again and I need it spanish), the desktop format had changed in size, the bmpanel was hidden from my view and the background image was shorted.

I tried to modify the size of the screen resolution from the XVesa option of the ControlPanel but it was disabled. After I tried click with right-bottom mouse > Applications > DesktopPreferences and a windows said "Desktop Manager is not active"

Finally I think I made the most serious mistake of all: restarting TC with the backup option enabled. Npw I won't be able to go back and recover as I had things before I fixed the streaming issue.

What can I do now?
TC CorePlus v.11.1 i686 & lots of coffe

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Problems with video
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 05:25:15 AM »
I'd guess that you either did not backup everything that you needed to or you did not make a backup immediately before rebooting.

You can rename your backup file, which will have the effect of rebooting without restore, but other than that you'll need to start again  :(

Offline ferran

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 05:48:25 AM »
I'm ready to start again, no problem.

I ran tc-install directly from the desktop but informs to me that I need unmount /sda1 before.

After I rebooted with pendrive with (TC iso image and grub) to reinstall all with the option "Boot Core Plus with default FLWM topside" but not works and reboot again to the currently desktop failed.

Thus I don't know how I could format the disk unmounting the partitions, etc. like I did the first time i installed Tiny Core.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 06:25:49 AM »
Hi ferran
... After I rebooted with pendrive with (TC iso image and grub) to reinstall all with the option "Boot Core Plus with default FLWM topside" but not works and reboot again to the currently desktop failed.

Thus I don't know how I could format the disk unmounting the partitions, etc. like I did the first time i installed Tiny Core.
It might be loading extensions from your  tce  directory and restoring from  mydata.tgz.  Delete the  onboot.lst  and  mydata.tgz
files in your  tce  directory and see if that helps.

Offline ferran

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »
I did

rm /mnt/sda1/tce/onboot.lst
rm /mnt/sda1/tce/mydata.tgz

After I clicked right-button > Applications > tc-install

I tried several options to install:

Source:  /mnt/sda1/tce/boot/core.gz (also i found it in /mnt/sdb1/boot/core.gz)
Type: USB-HDD (pendrive) or Frugal too
Whole Disk and/or Existint Partition
Select Partition: sda1
Mark Partition Active (bootable)
Install Bootloader (or not)
Formating Option: ext4
Core and X/GUI Desktop
Core Extensions Categoris to Install: (selected all)
proceed....

And suddenly it shows this missage:

"sda appears to have a partition already mounted. Check if correct device, if so, unmount it and then run installer again"

After 6 differents options to install i think I can't to progress more.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 09:45:56 AM »
Hi ferran
It may be auto mounting because it finds the  tce  directory. See if you can rename it:
sudo mv /mnt/sda1/tce /mnt/sda1/xyzThen boot your thumb drive again.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 10:41:03 AM »
Sounds like libavcodec installed Xorg. You don't have to reinstall, it's enough to edit your onboot list and remove libavcodec from it. After a reboot, you should have your old environment.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline ferran

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »
curaga a bit late already....

The Rich's recipe works fine. Now I'm reinstalling my extensions a bit more efficiently that the first time I did.

Surely I will need to come back to this threat to fix my old audio-video problems. Don't close yet.