WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Did I find a bug? Tiny core 9 / 32 bit Gdisk lib missing  (Read 2167 times)

Offline reg

Did I find a bug? Tiny core 9 / 32 bit Gdisk lib missing
« on: December 18, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »
Howdy!

I hope I put this in the right place. 

A while back I installed gdisk as I wanted to use an external HDD that was larger than ~1.5TB.  At that point in time I had gdisk working, but I needed a different external USB enclosure to handle the large capacity drive.

The new enclosure came in the other day and I have just had time to sit down and play with putting the disk in it.

Now when I run gdisk I get the following generic error:

Already loaded. Call from regular menu or terminal.

I figured somehow I managed to bust the package, though truthfully the system has been sitting untouched until just recently.  I went through the tce-audit builddb and tce-audit delete gdisk and a bunch of reboots and tce let me install it again.  I kind of screwed up a bit on that install, the account I used was not in the sudoers file, and I got an error about not being able to write to /tmp/appserr.  The fun just never stops (smile) so another round of builddb and delete and this time I made sure that the account that I ran tce from was in the sudoers file.  The install ran perfectly clean, no errors reported.  When I went to run gdisk I got an error though:

libicuio.so.51 not found

I ran ldd on the gdisk binary and found a couple:

tc@san:/usr/local/bin$ ldd gdisk
        linux-gate.so.1 (0xb7f17000)
        libicuio.so.51 => not found
        libicuuc.so.51 => not found
        libuuid.so.1 => /lib/libuuid.so.1 (0xb7f08000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7de4000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb7d2d000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7d17000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7bee000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7bd6000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f18000)

I was not successful in figuring out what package those libraries belong to, but as far as I can tell I have all the dependencies installed for gdisk.

After a reboot, apparently the package manager knows something is amiss because the links in /usr/local/bin to all of the binaries in the gdisk package are broken. 

Any help with this would really be appreciated.  I am new to tinycore so it I seem a bit crude, I am, but I am really trying to get into the swing of it.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Did I find a bug? Tiny core 9 / 32 bit Gdisk lib missing
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »
Hi reg
Try installing  icu.tcz.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:38:08 PM »
The dep file for gdisk is as follows:
Code: [Select]
$ cat gdisk.tcz.dep
popt.tcz
icu.tcz
ncurses5.tcz

If you downloaded and loaded the gdisk extension using either the gui apps program or the command "tce-load -wil gdisk", the icu extension would have been loaded automatically.

Note that, if you would like an extension to be automatically loaded after re-boot, you need to use the apps gui too add it "onboot", otherwise you will need to load the extension again manually.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »
Hi reg
The  .dep  file lists the following:
Code: [Select]
popt.tcz
icu.tcz
ncurses5.tcz
so  icu.tcz  should have been installed.

Offline reg

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 09:42:06 PM »
Yes, I just discovered that.  I have icu, that came with gdisk.  I noticed that there is v6 and v5.  I am wondering if somehow my system grabbed v6.  I am in the process of getting rid of gdisk once again and I will install ice v5 first and see.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 07:36:16 AM »
Hi reg
...  I noticed that there is v6 and v5.  I am wondering if somehow my system grabbed v6.  ...
The extensions have different names (icu62.tcz vs. icu.tcz) so they can't get mixed up.

Offline reg

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 01:27:35 PM »
Thank you as always for your help.  Somehow the db got very confused.  I re-installed gdisk again and got the same results.  Next time around after a couple of reboots I went and started looking for any pieces of the packages and I discovered that for some reason ICU was not being totally removed.  I manually removed all the pieces and re-installed and all is happy now.  So, it was not a broken dependency but something broken in my db.  I still think the db may have issues, but I got the disk partitioned and mounted.  Yahoo.  Thanks again!