WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Bare Metal Server......via internal Hypervisor or third party Hyp V oper/g sys  (Read 1946 times)

Offline vinceASPECT

Hello to you all,

Has anybody the experience of installing the Operating System called the "Bare Metal Hypervisor" for your manufactured machine
if it's CPU has the capability?

Indeed, you seem to be able to choose from an Optional  "Cpu baked" hyervisor that's firmwared to your manufacturers firmware (which contains the Operating System in it  (B M H  op sys)

UEFI bios here has the setting............( Hewlett packard  =  HP Hypervisor = enable) ........and it boots THIS operating system from the Hewlett packard ROM  (Firmware)

Otherwise you can use a third party B H M operating system...............this is a free example..... VmWARE have it called......

https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor.html
 -------------------------------------------------------------------

..................O___0...................

thx

V
It appears that the purpose of them is LEVEL ONE  Bare Metal Hypervisors-------   Virtual Machine (+OS)  creation and manager system.

SO you can create multiple virtual machines with guest OS's that are actually CO HABBITED in equal measure of CPU hiercarchy
as the B H M operating system......

i believe it turns PC's into very powerful server......free   (+your time)

Offline andyj

@vinceASPECT, It's good that you are trying to learn about operating systems and hypervisors, but your questions give the impression that you should do some more research to get all the concepts down first.. Forums like this one are not meant for general questions, but rather for specific questions about a particular component or configuration not already covered in by previous posts or in a FAQ.

Offline vinceASPECT

Andy

OK thanks for the advice. THere are so many principles to learn. I think i will probably see if my education course
can help.

Thx

V