WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: MusicPlayerDaemon as TCE?  (Read 2837 times)

Offline soundcheck

MusicPlayerDaemon as TCE?
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:48:03 AM »
Hi there.

Has anybody tried to build a TCE for MPD (Music Player Daemon)  and MPC (MusicPlayerControl-Commandline interface)

I think due to its performance and limited resource utilisation it would be a perfect match for TCL.

Note: I just started to look into TCL yesterday. Above exercise seems somewhat challenging to me.
           I am happy that I managed to get the system incl. basic sound working.

THX

Offline gogee

Re: MusicPlayerDaemon as TCE?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »
Yes, I've got mpd, mpc, libmpd and libmpdclient compiled as tce/tcel already along with some other packages I'm going to be using for an mp3 box for my car.  I'll try to get mpd/mpc sent off tonight when I get home from work.

G

Edit: One more thing, this is for 1.4.3.  If you need it for 2.0 let me know and I'll see if I get can that done this week.

Offline gogee

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »
Since I haven't finished the info/dep/tczl files yet, I though you might want to play around with what I have so far.  Grab [...] and install all of the tce and tcel files along with anything listed in the .dep files from the repository.  That should get you started.  Not all of the options were compiled in to mpd so if there is a feature that you want that isn't available, let me know and I can rebuild it.

[^thehatsrule^: links removed; see extension guideline submissions]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 09:27:15 PM by ^thehatsrule^ »

Offline soundcheck

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 03:45:32 AM »
Wow. That's great. In fact I just installed TCL 2.0.

What I am using is the pipe-output plugin (>0.15). Would be nice to have it in.

I am piping (under Ubuntu) the output of MPD into SOX and/or ecasound/brutefir, what makes the perfect player to me.

I am maintaining a small MPD WIki at DIY-Audio: http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=LINUX+Audio+MusicPlayerDaemon
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:47:03 AM by soundcheck »

Offline soundcheck

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:57:25 AM »
Since I haven't finished the info/dep/tczl files yet, I though you might want to play around with what I have so far.  Grab [...] and install all of the tce and tcel files along with anything listed in the .dep files from the repository.  That should get you started.  Not all of the options were compiled in to mpd so if there is a feature that you want that isn't available, let me know and I can rebuild it.

[^thehatsrule^: links removed; see extension guideline submissions]

Did you manage to prepare the MPD packages?