Tiny Core Base > piCore Test Releases

piCore-9.0beta3 released

<< < (2/11) > >>

Juanito:

--- Quote from: beerstein on April 17, 2017, 10:50:50 AM ---After installint the blueman extension, I was not able to locate the:
/usr/local/etc/init.d/bluez
bluez is not in this folder.

3)Can not start or restart or test status of pulseaudio server
tc@box:~$ pulseaudio -D
pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: libpulsecore-9.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

4) pavucontol can not be started either.
tc@box:~$ pavucontrol
pavucontrol: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkmm-3.0.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

--- End quote ---

It looks like you are missing the extension dep files or that, somehow, the "ldconfig" command has not been run by "tce-load"?

PDP-8:
Notes on my Beta testing:

I am NOT overclocking the RPI2, just using the default arm_freq to cut down on any weird variables.

I load the TC.tcz graphical environment, and am loading and running that way.  My wireless is called up with the graphical icon.  Perhaps this is different from what beerstein is doing.

Got a TP-Link Nano usb model TL-WN725N up and running with the rtlwifi.tcz extension - it used the r8188eu ko firmare.  Fired up from the gui, have not tested install and operation from the cli..

lovin' it!

bmarkus:
Thanks all testing the beta. Goal is to have the base stable and work correctly with common CLI tools and common hw, like sound, WiFi, RTC, ... GUI applications and less frequently used packages are out of the scope now, they will be revised later when base system is finished. However, you can try 8.x packages, they are expected to work, as no new library introduced which may break applications.

Feedbacks are welcome :)

Greg Erskine:

--- Quote from: PDP-8 on April 17, 2017, 04:25:01 PM ---On a lark, tried getting the cute little "official" raspberry pi broadcom dongle working, but didn't put much time into it yet - despite the raspberry etching in the case, no joy!  I gotta' get my blob on for that. :)
--- End quote ---

hi PDP-8,

I think this USB wifi adaptor has been working with piCore for years.

Find firmware-brcmwifi.tcz. I am not sure where it originally came from?

regards
Greg

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: gavinmc42 on April 17, 2017, 05:07:41 PM ---
Zero W locked up on boot, but A+ and Zero 1.3 worked fine.
Unloaded drivers and Zero W booted.

--- End quote ---

Hi Gavin,

does your Zero W works as expected with the stock 9.0beta3 image without installing additional packages?

Unfortunately I do not have Zero / Zero W and I can't test myself on real hw.

Béla

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version