Tiny Core Base > piCore Test Releases

piCore-9.0beta3 released

<< < (5/11) > >>

gavinmc42:
Thanks beerstein.

I did think it was something like that. tried usbwait=10.
But it was getting late and could not remember the syntax.

waitusb=10 added to cmdline.txt worked.
Now have piCore busy doing installing x11  -  tce-load -wi TC.tcz
Yep X11 up and running

Boot is much slower, getting toward normal PC times, but not as long as Windows :P
Might have to get a M2 SSD and caddy, turn piCore into a real desktop.
Hey do USB CDROMs work on Pi?

Juanito:

--- Quote from: beerstein on April 21, 2017, 12:22:28 PM ---pulseaudio needs a fix.
pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: libspeexdsp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
libspeexdsp is not in the dependency file.
where can we find that extension?

--- End quote ---

You might want to check your dep files - speex is a dep of libpulseaudio, which is in turn a dep of pulseaudio.

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: gavinmc42 on April 21, 2017, 04:34:53 PM ---Hey do USB CDROMs work on Pi?

--- End quote ---

I have never tried and never heard someone tried yet, but it must work. You need the necessary kernel modules for the filesystem, the cdrom module and for the USB, but I'm sure everything is available. I do not have such hardware. If you can try, let us know the result  ;)

curaga:
May need a powered hub? I recall the pi had a bit weak USB output, and optical drives need some power.

gavinmc42:
My security cam Pi's use a WD purple in a USB3 externally powered caddy no problem.
Might get another $5 caddy and try a sata DVD drive :-*
Make myself a Pi Juke box? Got hundred of CD I have not heard since the last player bit the dust.
hmm robot arm with cdrom vacuum pickup, add to list ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version