dCore Import Debian Packages to Mountable SCE extensions > Release Candidates

dCore-stretch

(1/3) > >>

Jason W:
dCore-stretch is now in the RC area.  Debian Stretch as of Nov 5 reached a transition freeze, and will reach a soft freeze on Jan 5 and a hard freeze on Feb 5.  I think we are good now to begin testing dCore-stretch.  I am using it now as my main desktop system, about a 1G sce, working nicely as expected, and will be keeping a lookout for base libraries that may get updated.  Anyone testing dCore-stretch is advised to run sce-update on all sces fairly frequently to ensure there are no conflicts in their sces due to updates of packages in Debian during the Debian testing cycle.

http://tinycorelinux.net/dCore/x86/release_candidates/dCore-stretch/

netnomad:
hi jason,

what a great starting point to stretch, everything went so smooth for my first steps.
only a little error message according to the b44-modul.
unbelievable what good stable work you have already delivered :-)
in the attached photo you can see the boot messages.

thank you for your help and commitment.

Jason W:
Hi netnomad,
Is this your first using a dCore with the 4.2.9 kernel?  The b44 or any other kernel behavior should be the same with any 4.2.9 dCore.  If these errors were not seen in other 4.2.9 dCores then there is an error somewhere in the packing of dCore-stretch.gz.

I remember having to blacklist ssb when I was using a usb wireless, and the errors on your screenshot look related to ssb. 

netnomad:
hi jason,

yes, it's my first attempt to use 4.2.9.
in the former kernels i had to blacklist=snd_usb_audio.
lsmod shows me in 4.2.9 that the modules b44 and ssb are loaded,
so it seems to be only a cosmetic problem.
blacklist=ssb doesn't improve it.

thank you for any ideas and help.

nitram:
Thanks for the Stretch release, running fine here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version