Tiny Core Base > piCore Test Releases

piCore-8.0beta1

(1/8) > >>

bmarkus:
Team Tiny Core is proud to announce immediate availability of the first beta release of the piCore-8.0 edition. Nearly all components updated in the base to latest upstream:

- kernel 4.4.11
- glibc 2.23
- BusyBox 1.24.2
- util-linux 2.28
- e2fsprogs 1.43
- MicroPython 1.8
- Perl 5.24
- GCC 6.1

TC scripts also updated to latest common base. Except ncurses which doesn't build properly all packages in the repo updated and rebuilt using the new toolchain, not just copied over from 6.x/7.x repos. Dependencies revised, may be different to previous versions. It means limited number of packages in the repo, e.g. Xorg and graphical stuff are missing.

Only one SD card image available, it works on all RPi boards. Download location:

http://tinycorelinux.net/8.x/armv6/test_releases/

Please try it and share your experience, bugs found, etc.

gavinmc42:
Thanks Bela,

Been waiting for it :P
Now in front of Raspbian - 4.4.11 yippee 8)

Arrow keys command memory fixed

Something I never noticed before was TC's default gpu_mem size = 64MB?
If only using console mode can free up some memory by adding gpu_mem=16 to config.txt
But if using camera then gpu_mem=128
X11 = 64MB?

Might help if there was a GPU memory comment in the config.txt

Videocore Camera library updated? got some 8Mp V2 I want to test.

bmarkus:
GPU mem: while it is a good point, not sure it must be changed. Saving 48MB doesn't help too much when you are out of memory and with 16MB it is one more thing to change in config (if any) which will be forgotten by users, like increasing partition size.

VC libs are not packed, but you can download from GitHub and play with it:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware

gavinmc42:
or just copy the Raspbian Raspistill binary?
Think I tested that before.

mikedev:

--- Quote from: bmarkus on May 24, 2016, 03:34:55 AM ---... limited number of packages in the repo, e.g. Xorg and graphical stuff are missing.

--- End quote ---

It works on my pi Zero, may I know where I can download the source of Xorg, Xvesa, etc. so that I can test compile them myself and test out the GUI capabilities of my pi zero?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version