WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Fluxbox/Blackbox/Hackedbox  (Read 4583 times)

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
Fluxbox/Blackbox/Hackedbox
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
I have created the window manager interface files needed for TC v2.0rc2+ for the blackbox menu standard to provide for dynamic extension menus. Tested and works on hackedbox. Since I don't use these window managers, it anyone wants to support and update any of these window managers I will work with you in supplying the interface files and/or my hackedbox.tce used while testing TC v2.0rc2.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline junan

Re: Fluxbox/Blackbox/Hackedbox
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 05:39:02 AM »
where can i get the tce ? and the interface file?
fun and fearless ...

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:17:01 PM »

Offline junan

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »
i already compile fluxbox and blackbox and add wm_initmenu, wm_makemenu, wm_restart and etc/skel at the tce. must i deleted some style or something else and repackage it before submit it ?
fun and fearless ...

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »
Those items are called via their window manager names.

fluxbox_initmenu, ...
blackbox_initmenu, ...
jwm_initmenu, ...

And new is _setbackground which will work with control panel Backgrounds button.

You will need to wait for 2.0rc3 to become public and then all the window manger suport will work.
The TC Team is helping me find the final bugs. Currently being tested fluxbox_, jwm_, and hackedbox_. So at the moment all of those are still in a state of flux. But very soon eveything will come togther. I am sure many will look forward to your contributions of fluxbox and blackbox. I will be happy to assist in making sure the iterface files will work.

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »
junan,
Do you have blackbox or fluxbox extensions you would like to submit?  It would be nice to have them in to repo. 

Offline meo

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 04:46:11 AM »
Hi!

I am also very interested in getting the fluxbox or blackbox wm. So keep up trying to get it to work. I might give it a shot myself.

Have fun,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 08:03:04 AM »
Hi meo,
It is really not an issue of getting fluxbox/blackbox to work as they are an easy build and the interface files from hackedbox can be used with minimal editing as they are very similar WMs.  I didn't want to upload them if someone else was in the process of making them.  I will wait and let others make them as I know there is at least a person or two who has stated interest in it.  But if a few weeks go by and no one has submitted them then I may go ahead and make them.

Offline meo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
Hi Jason!

I wouldn't mind if you made and posted the fluxbox extension. Quite the opposite, because it would probably take me some time to understand how the interface works. It is an area in which I don't have so much knowledge. I'd rather compile a new kernel because that I have done many times. So I'd just be glad if you did it. Another thing is that I rather have the extension without the wbar but that I think just needs some "hacks" in the config files.

Have fun,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire