WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to restore the saved data on my pendrive/usb stick  (Read 2292 times)

Offline u2funker

How to restore the saved data on my pendrive/usb stick
« on: June 10, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »
Hi all and sorry for a perhaps stupid question.....
I am a complete new Linux user and haven't any experience with linux but believe in this really nice concept of tiny core.
I have a working pendrive with the actual Release 2and i can download and install all the TCZ and TCE files. Works fine.
But i haven't any idea, how to save the downloaded files and programs (the whole system) to the pendrive .
The pendrive is sda1 and the backup and restore tool is writing the mydata.tgz file into the root of the pendrive.
But after a rebbot, everything is gone. i read all the documentation about the boot options, but still no idea to keep the data fix on the stick.
Perhps it is easy to solve so help is very welcome ;-)
Kind regards
Michael

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: How to restore the saved data on my pendrive/usb stick
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:27 PM »
It could be that you don't have a tce directory setup and therefore are running in cloud mode.
None of the extensions persist in cloud mode. To store the extensions on your pendirve, is as simple as adding the boot codes:

tce=sda1 waitusb=5

10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline u2funker

Re: How to restore the saved data on my pendrive/usb stick
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:10:43 PM »
Yeaph!!!
Now it is working ! I tried tce=sda1 before, but without waitusb=5 so sometimes waiting is ok ;-)
Thanks a lot and know i am trying to configure wireless on my notebook (Intel 3945).
I will inform you ...
Kind regards
Michael