WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Python dependencies -- why Xorg-7.6-lib, fontconfig, ...  (Read 1671 times)

Offline dsandber

Python dependencies -- why Xorg-7.6-lib, fontconfig, ...
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »
I'm trying to get TinyCore to boot as fast as possible on a Raspberry Pi.  To that end I've changed onboot.lst to only contain python.  I was surprised to see that python depends on a whole lot of other packages, however, such as sqlite3, tk, tcl, Xorg-7.6-lib, fontconfig, ...

Why does python depend on all these graphics related libraries?  Is there any way to work around these dependencies?  I'm running the Pi headless so I don't need anything related to graphics.

Thanks!

-Dan

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Python dependencies -- why Xorg-7.6-lib, fontconfig, ...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:02:24 PM »
Hi dsandber
From the python info file for the x86 version in TC4.x:
2009/08/26 Built with openssl, sqlite, and tk support

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Python dependencies -- why Xorg-7.6-lib, fontconfig, ...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »
I'm trying to get TinyCore to boot as fast as possible on a Raspberry Pi.  To that end I've changed onboot.lst to only contain python.  I was surprised to see that python depends on a whole lot of other packages, however, such as sqlite3, tk, tcl, Xorg-7.6-lib, fontconfig, ...

Why does python depend on all these graphics related libraries?  Is there any way to work around these dependencies?  I'm running the Pi headless so I don't need anything related to graphics.

Thanks!

-Dan

Please try piCore 5.0alpha tcl/tx, Xorg, ... are not in the dep list. Sqlite3 is, as it is small and generally used.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."