WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: loosing own installes and compiled applications  (Read 1984 times)

Offline v8tx7

loosing own installes and compiled applications
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:59:44 AM »
Hello,

i need to use some special applications, renoise, amSynth (with DSSI Plugin Support) and truecrypt...

I can install all the apps and also i managed to compile amSynth with DSSI, but after reboot everything is gone... I did read about "persistence" in wiki an also about the concept that the filesystem is in Ram and so on... But how do i get it done so my mentioned Apps are there after reboot, for example Renoise installs into /usr/share/bin

thanks

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: loosing own installes and compiled applications
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »
Create a .tcz extension and install it.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:36:58 AM »
Hi v8tx7
If you go to the Wiki, there is a page on how to create extensions.
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:start#for_advanced_users
For a personal extension, all you need to create are the .tcz, .dep, and .md5.txt.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »
/usr/share/bin sounds ultimately wrong.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline v8tx7

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 03:03:21 AM »
first of all thanks for all your replies. i did some reading and i do think i have understood the concept of squashfs ad how to build own extensions for tc. however, renoise comes with an install.sh. i had a look inside that script and did see that it does nothing else except of copying the actual program file and one subdir to the /usr/... folder. so what i did is created a temp folder copied the stuff into there and created a squashfs, unlucky i now have to figure out thething concerning the .desktop file and icons. actually when i do the install.sh of renoise i do get several error regarding xdg, creating icon, missing folders and so on...

however, i do see, that the more extenions i load the longer it will take to boot... so i am wondering about loading extentions ondemand, or maybe i do some little scripts that load the extensions

Well, it is kind of hard for me to read all the good wiki because i am german  ;D

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 10:06:33 AM »
Hi v8tx7
Install  mc (Midnight Commander). Then take a look under  /tmp/tcloop/mc/usr/local/share/applications. The  mc.desktop
file located there can be used an example for setting up your  .desktop  file and locating your icons.