WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Wifi connecting onboot [SOLVED]  (Read 3377 times)

Offline meo

Wifi connecting onboot [SOLVED]
« on: July 08, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
Hi!

I have had wifi connecting onboot before using this command in the bootlocal.sh:  /usr/local/bin/wifi.sh -a 2>&1 > /tmp/wifi.log but it doesn't work since the wifi.tcz was updated. If anyone can give me a little aid to get it working again, I would really appreciate that. It would spare me from activating the wifi manually every time. Thanks beforehand!

Kind greetings,
meo

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:31:33 PM by meo »
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Wifi connecting onboot
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
The wifi you speak of is a script and should not be involved in any current updates/compiles. Unless of course its dependencies are in need of being updated. Please check dependencies and also look and post /tmp/wifi.log
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline meo

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:33:40 AM »
Thanks Roberts!

I'm just puzzled why wifi doesn't connect automatically but after boot I can connect without any trouble. I'll check the things you mentioned. Thanks for your answer! I really appreciate it.

Have fun with TC,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:57:37 AM »
Hi again Robert!

Updated pixman and something else but I still can't make wifi autoconnect. Looking for /tmp/wifi.log there wasen't any oven though I had connected to the internet manually. That's probably the problem. I found a wpa.xxxx that contains the password to the connection so I'll try to just substitute the wifi.log for that file in /tmp and see how it works out.

Keep up your good work (it's most appreciated; at least by me),
meo

Offline meo

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »
Hi Robert!

The substitution of files didn't work. I got this error message in the wpa.xxxx file:

Found wifi device wlan0
Standby for scan of available networks...
Attempting auto connection with MyPlace
udhcpc (v1.20.2) started
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
No lease, failing

I'm not sure what it means but will ponder over it. If you know what to do or have someway of getting info of what to do I would appreciate any hint that would lead me in the right direction.

Have fun with TC,
meo

Offline meo

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »
Hi Robert!

Finally found out what the problem was. The current wifi spot I'm connecting at wasn't the first in the file wifi.db. Just editing that file (as root) saving it and problem solved.  ;)

Hope everything is well with you,
meo

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »
Glad to hear it is working for you! When away from "home" wifi should be able to click the Wifi icon to get a scan list to select wifi access point from. But, of course, if your "home" wifi has changed then editiing wifi.db as you have done would be required.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline meo

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
Hi Robert!

Thanks for helping out! Now it works better than before (did some tweaking on the router config so it can get up to 150 mbit).

Have fun and be proud of your work with Tiny Core,
meo