WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: VirtualBox Guest Additions and mouse integration  (Read 2796 times)

Offline behelit

VirtualBox Guest Additions and mouse integration
« on: May 20, 2013, 03:42:24 AM »
Hello! I've been playing around with Tiny Core as a guest OS in VirtualBox. After messing around a bit, I've gotten everything working except mouse integration. Has anyone gotten seamless mouse integration working? I've searched the forums and everyone says "Just disable mouse integration". In my situation, disabling mouse integration is not a option and defeats the purpose of my project.

Offline behelit

Re: VirtualBox Guest Additions and mouse integration
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »
Bump.

I saw in the virtualbox manual that you have to add an entry to the xorg.conf to get the mouse working properly, but it gives no example, only a example for the monitor settings. Tiny Core uses some sort of "conf-less" mode where xorg figures out stuff automatically. However, I noticed you can override this with a custom xorg.conf that contains just the entries you want to change. So that leaves me with two questions. What do I need to add in the xorg.conf? And how do I get virtualbox and /dev/psaux to talk to each other? This shouldn't be hard to figure out, mouse integration works great on every other major Linux distro in existence.