WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: sylpheed code set for the messages  (Read 2272 times)

Offline paskali

sylpheed code set for the messages
« on: May 05, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
Hi, i installed sylpheed (gtk1 version) but it does not recognize well some chars for italian (accent letters).
I think i have to download and load sylpheed-locate extension but i noticed on the depends that it want sylpheed-gtk2.
My question is simple: is sylpheed-locale compatible with sylpheed-gtk1 version?
What can i do to see accents, dieresis, etc.. on my mails?

Thanks!

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: sylpheed code set for the messages
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:28:33 AM »
gtk1 has bad support for non-english charsets, and no support for utf-8. You might be able to configure it to use your latin encoding and fonts, but it'd be easier to move to the gtk2 version.

The -locale extensions only apply to the version they were built from, in this case the gtk2 sylpheed.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline paskali

Re: sylpheed code set for the messages
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »
gtk1 has bad support for non-english charsets, and no support for utf-8. You might be able to configure it to use your latin encoding and fonts, but it'd be easier to move to the gtk2 version.

The -locale extensions only apply to the version they were built from, in this case the gtk2 sylpheed.

Ok, thanks, of course i have guessed this. However i have noticed only some mails that come to me are unreadable, in the others (like the mine, too) wrote in italian, the chars are all good.