WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Suggestion for file server?  (Read 6661 times)

Offline loserguy

Suggestion for file server?
« on: April 29, 2013, 06:54:13 AM »
Hi everyone, thanks for the great work. I have gotten myself a MK802 to play around with and am thinking of setting up a file server on it.

Any suggestions for a home file server setup? I've tried to import samba and samba4 but trying to start it gives me some weird libwbclient error
samba: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libwbclient.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/samba/libauth4.so)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Suggestion for file server?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »
How about good old FTP?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
Not being a Windows user no idea about Samba. But, hopefully, you have tried the new sce via deb2sce.tcz as many improvements have been added.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline loserguy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:49:09 AM »
How about good old FTP?
Thanks, will try out vsftpd :)

Not being a Windows user no idea about Samba. But, hopefully, you have tried the new sce via deb2sce.tcz as many improvements have been added.
I upgraded by replacing uCore and downloading deb2sce.tcz. I tried out the new import on screen which makes a screen.sce file. However, trying to loadsce gives this error
Code: [Select]
/usr/local/postinst/screen: .: line 4: can't open '/usr/share/debconf/confmodule'
/etc/sysconfig/tcedir/sce/screen.sce: OK
Screen works after a quick chmod 777 for /var/run/screen. I get the line 4 error in anything I try to import, is this normal or is it just me?

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 02:01:36 PM »
There will be some spurious error messages that do not prevent the imported app from functioning.
So "try it" is the mantra for now. deb2sce is still very early in development. More enhancements have already been submitted. I will be updating it soon.

Offline loserguy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 08:37:10 PM »
I went back to samba even though vsftpd was working fine  :-[

Import samba.sce and loadsce worked fine with some weird messages. There was some complaints about missing /lsb/lib/init-functions. I had to grab the files directly from the deb files because loadsce lsb-base didn't work .

mount: mounting /dev/loop39 on /tmp/tcloop/lsb-base failed: Invalid argument

I set up a smb.conf in /etc/samba/smb.conf

After that it was just chmod 777 /var/run/samba and sudo /etc/init.d/samba start

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »
Glad to know that you have Samba workng.
because loadsce lsb-base didn't work
If you look in your tce directory, import directory, you will find an package exclude.lst.
You may wish to edit that to experiment and / or for settings more suitable for your needs